1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Got to be a typo! Only an idiot would pay that.
You have to look at the entire add. There are 50 rounds in a box, and they are packed 4 boxes inside a bigger box. Look close it says 200 rounds. I was in Academy yesterday. They package 380 also, they are $99 and they say 50 rounds/box. There are 5 boxes is $20 a box. Academy has been selling them bulk like that for years. I have some 2-3 years old packaged like that.

They also had them by the box, I think about $31.

Liquid Fluid Cylinder Drink Font

• Wow
Reactions: Jonzim248

·
Administrator
78,749 Posts
The picture says 200 rounds but the ad clearly states 50 rounds in two separate places. Somebody needs to go find the kid who maintains that website and slap him.

Reactions: drail and mdell49

·
Registered
1,068 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Look at the box. It says for 200 rounds. That works out to be under $25 a box of 50.

most everyone else is selling 50 rounds for more than that.
It is Math Thang. 200 rounds is 4 boxes of 50 for $119.5 . That is about $30. As I said, two days ago, by the box they were $31 or $32 if you buy one box at a time. I have bought the Monarc 45 for years. They are as good as any ball ammo. I did not buy any because I planned ahead and I reload. That $30/ box or .60 per round is as good as price as you will find.

Most of us believe that 45 ball ammo is unique for defense purposes. It starts with a hole that measures .451. For a 9 mm or a 38 to expand that big requires about 1100 fps and a proper hollow point that expands every time. is required. Even with premium ammo there is never a guarantee it will expand. So, the 45 ball is always going to make a hole that big. So even the cheapest ball ammo in 45 is likely to work, when all the $2 per round stuff us all gone.

Reactions: dougpbell

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
The writing on the box definitely isn't Serbian and from what has been posted elsewhere on the web the current brass cased Monarch ammo is coming from the Philippines (Armscor). The Monarch brass cased pistol ammo used to be loaded by Prvi Partizan (PPU-Serbia).
If it is made by Armsor it may be US made ammo. Note, from Guns.com....
----------
In 1985, Armscor Precision International opened its first United States office in Pahrump, Nevada. A short while later, Armscor acquired the Rock Island Armory brand, a leading M1911 manufacturer and developer.

By 2011, Armscor opened of brand new production facility in Stevensville, Montana. The Armscor name became the official ammunition producer of this family owned company that’s “Right on target. Right on the Price.” Leaving Rock Island Armory as the sole producer of firearms in the Armscor family under the tagline of “Solid as a rock.”

--------
I watched a show on the Sportsman channel showing them turning out truckloads of handgun ammo at the Montana plant.Unless there is some code on the box there is no clue where it was made.

Reactions: crosswater and NDL
1 - 20 of 21 Posts