1911Forum banner
61 - 80 of 116 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,039 Posts
I'm confused. How is running over 50 people ever going to be spun as accidental? Like, the throttle stuck or something?
Throttle, steering-wheel, trasmission, brakes, ignition: all "stuck"; a one-in-a-trillion event. Maybe these systems were all impaired by Rust.

This is how irrational these anti-America, anti-human spokespeople have become ... must become to do the job. And it's self-feeding: essential, internal self-inconsistency means always increasing the scope of irrationality OR giving it up. We see some give it up ... but it's difficult, thus fairly rare.

·
Premium Member
16,458 Posts
I do not think that you and I have even a small difference of opinion with respect to this event, this guy, or the Twitter remarks.

However, I decline to think in terms of "them" and "us," where we are talking about political or religious or cultural differences. I just think it is unhelpful to see the world in terms of Auburn versus Alabama. For all you know Mr. Brooks, the alleged perp, was wearing a MAGA cap to match his red SUV. Isn't he bad enough, as a prior convicted felon, antisocial personality type, mass-murderer, if he did what he's suspected of? I don't understand the utility of throwing politics into it.

I'm not arguing with your conclusions. The reality is that we have a huge country, with lots of different religions and political beliefs and cultures. That should be a source of strength in my opinion. The guy needs killing. We agree. As for him hating Trump, I don't know. Did he say so? Is that why he murdered the Dancing Grannies? Was it an anti-Christmas gesture?

If somebody can explain to me how viewing this country as two hostile camps: them versus us, helps us I will apologize for trying to sound reasonable. We have REAL enemies out there: China, ISIS, our pals in North Korea, and yeah Russia, and lots more that we don't know about yet. I am more worried about them than I am about some pitiful dirtbag, be it Mr. Brooks, Mr. Arbury, Mr. Rosenbaum, or Mr. Biden. Please believe me sir, I loathe these filth but I do not loathe some little old lady priestess down at the Episcopal Church who supports illegal immigration. I disagree but I do not hate or dehumanize her/it/them.

Peace be with you.
Nice sentiments but they want to kill us. They have drawn the line - we need to recognize it and proceed accordingly.

·
Registered
13,616 Posts
Reactions: RPB1953

·
Premium Member
7,039 Posts
If somebody can explain to me how viewing this country as two hostile camps: them versus us, helps us I will apologize for trying to sound reasonable.
Peace be with you.
ah! That! I can do:

The attitude expressed in the post excerpted is that of the many millions of decent Germans in the 1930s.

'nuff said?

Think about why Germany was home to so many Jews ... It was, at least arguably, the most religiously tolerant European nation.

The U.S.A. even recently was the most tolerant nation in history for diverse political views. Now we have a small, but vocal and influential cadre' who will not tolerate any divergence of opinion on anything political and everything is political. They are quickly escalating from name-calling through making death threats [ ed. and, sadly, murder for terroristic purposes ]. They do not believe in America and proclaim this themselves. Neither you nor I need make them out to be enemies: they have proclaimed this themselves. High time to take them at their word on this one.

·
Registered
13,616 Posts
Nice sentiments but they want to kill us. They have drawn the line - we need to recognize it and proceed accordingly.
Definitely the enemy from within.

There’s no reconcilable ground here. And tolerance will only be met with intolerance.

I have not always had this perspective, but I do not believe in ignoring realities that have now been staring us in the face for quite awhile.

It does not bode well…so be prepared. Best hope, and I fear it’s not a probability, is that somehow, by some miracle, this leftist group eventually becomes marginalized to the point of irrelevance. Be prepared for other outcomes, which presently appear more likely.

Reactions: RPB1953

·
Registered
555 Posts
While I don't have any family or friends in this event, it is pretty close to home (within 15 miles) and is a neighborhood I frequent for shopping, freinds, etc. I am also within 50 miles of Kenosha and have family and co-workers there. Finally, I have a job that has two locations, one of which is in the ghetto of Milwaukee - which I am now limiting my exposure too.

I was up all night thinking about this event, having finally looked at my dang phone at 9PM. Between riots, killings, disregard for human rights, and disregard for the law, I am sickened, literally sickened, to see what is becoming of society.

False senses of entitlement, being wronged, extreme views - on both sides of the arguments. In my life I have been a victim of black-on-white crime 3 times including assault and battery (qty 1), assault (qty 1), and armed robbery (qty 1). Further, are the racial slurs and intimidation tactics from others. Sad fact - they don't even know me. I worked to hire people of color at my workplace and worked to help their careers. I have had great black friends since high school and don't understand why things are so messed up.

I dread to see what the next phases of this are going to be.
I believe it’s call communism.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I totally agree on the moral stance that each and every individual should be taken as an individual, without regard to race, political party, gender, sexual orientation or anything else other than what they actually DO. But once the ball drops this is going to go to hell fast and it is going to be brutally simple and unless we are prepared mentally, we are going to be in the position of trying to talk to people who have a completely black and white, kill them all, let God sort them out sort of attitude.

I am very worried about some of my family who think that everyone is just like them, only different colors, dresses differently, or speaks a different language. They think because they are sympathetic to leftist causes, they are the good guys and the other people who claim to be pro equality, anti racism etc will see their halo and embrace them. That's a good way to die, because the people talking about equality and racial justice are talking, not rioting, not shooting people, not burning homes and businesses. That is done by the kind of people Kyle shot, thugs and criminals, the cannon fodder of revolution.

·
Registered
13,616 Posts
Amidst the chaos, we must never forget that there are people in every ethnic/demographic group who respect our Country, our Constitution, our Flag, and who proudly stand for our National Anthem. I’m merely saying some, not citing any percentage-like specifics.

One must be vigilant, eyes open to realities, no blinders on, no PC pretenses, and with a keen focus in knowing the adversary, but also a keen focus on discerning friends from those who aren’t.

And welcoming those friends. There isn’t latitude for “friendly fire” casualties. All good hands will be needed if the soul of the Country is to be saved.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
What was that saying? "Be courteous to everyone. . . and have a plan to kill them if you have to."

One of these days I am going to get a polo shirt embroidered with a little gold circle with a dot in the center and "Courtesy costs nothing Gold Dots are a buck apiece"

·
Premium Member
7,039 Posts
I totally agree on the moral stance that each and every individual should be taken as an individual, without regard to race, political party, gender, sexual orientation or anything else other than what they actually DO. But once the ball drops this is going to go to hell fast and it is going to be brutally simple and unless we are prepared mentally, we are going to be in the position of trying to talk to people who have a completely black and white, kill them all, let God sort them out sort of attitude.

I am very worried about some of my family who think that everyone is just like them, only different colors, dresses differently, or speaks a different language. They think because they are sympathetic to leftist causes, they are the good guys and the other people who claim to be pro equality, anti racism etc will see their halo and embrace them. That's a good way to die, because the people talking about equality and racial justice are talking, not rioting, not shooting people, not burning homes and businesses. That is done by the kind of people Kyle shot, thugs and criminals, the cannon fodder of revolution.
As I expressed plenty of times here: my major concern is the obvious, and frighteningly successful, attempt to divide the U.S.A. along lines of what's popularly called "race". That because I have family both immediate and extended on each side of at least three "racial" lines, maybe more than three ... oh! yes just thought of another. Probably more yet ... but no point in counting beyond two. As one man, I cannot be on more than one side.

Until near the end of the Obama admin, I hoped that being on the side of the U.S.A. would be enough. As successful as appears the effort to convince many Black people that America is their enemy: now I see that there's bound to be some mirror image effect, such that some people regard Black people as the enemy. To my view: just as poisonous, just as much separating one's self from being American as joining one of the anti-American terror groups. God, family, country: in that order ... hopefully always only one side among them.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I have known and worked with too many good people, (and some bad ones), of every so called "race" to believe that I can predict someone's behavior, talents, abilities, morality or anything else about them from their race.

I don't want to see this country torn apart, but I believe that there are people who do, and are working to make it happen. And I believe that there are countries who are supporting them with money and other support. In time I think that support will become more overt, explosives, man portable SAMs, small arms.

Until whatever happens, happens, condition yellow is the rule. Including avoiding unusual public gatherings and events.

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Ford is 100% liable! They have ''collision avoidance'' technology, yet chose not to provide it in this vehicle.

They are also liable for drunk driving since they don't provide breathalyzer interlocks as standard equipment either.

Did this guy even have a valid license?

Because as we all know, not having a license to drive a motor vehicle is just as effective a deterrent as not having a license to carry a firearm.

😂

·
Registered
13,616 Posts
°^^^
Indeed. More laws. Grrr.

In this case, however, maybe not so clear, as the persons killed and injured aren't in a "protected class"... instead, they were "privileged", perhaps even the critically injured children were "oppressors". After all, that's what public schools are now teaching. Little girls come home from school, asking their parents if they’re oppressors. Grrr.

What a messed-up Country….

61 - 80 of 116 Posts