1911Forum banner
81 - 100 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
13,616 Posts
Someone needs to study the costs — murders, assaults, robberies, etc., — of releasing violent thugs from prison.

IMHO, it is far too high. Totally unacceptable.

Since most people wouldn’t trade their life for even a very large sum of money, I think this is a clue as to how high the costs are,

If someone still thinks otherwise, at least set-up some isolated self-contained places, where the prison types can share their experiences…heck, let relatives move in with them if keeping the family together is a big priority.

·
Registered
13,616 Posts
Judges are absolutely part of the problem; sentencing guidelines are likely an equal contributor.

Reactions: Crab Boy

·
Registered
13,616 Posts
During the last 30 days, I’ve viewed the self-made ”talent” videos of this thug assailant, aka rapper “MathBoi Fly”, and the armourer on the “Rust“ set, who at least goes by her own name.

They aren’t comparable, neither the videos nor the persons … nothing compares to the nefariousness of a mass murderer…but both are nonetheless depressing to view.

In one case, you know the individual belonged in prison. In the other, you know the person didn’t belong in a position requiring competence and rigid commitment to firearms safety.

Both cases so obvious, at least to me.

In both cases, I cannot understand why someone consciously permitted the individuals to be in the positions they were in…I’m not shifting the blame (nor giving Baldwin even a partial pass) I’m just wondering why others couldn’t see what seems so obvious to me.

Again, I’m not suggesting the two are equivalent. Murder, mass murder in fact, is a wholly different level of evil than any kind of negligence.

But there were absolutely horrible consequences in both cases. Is irresponsibility the new standard? Maybe it is…after all, we now have “Let’s go Brandon” in the White House; Nancy Pelosi as Speaker of the House; Chuck Schumer as Speaker of the Senate; and Merrick Garland as Attorney General. Not to mention one Kamala Harris, serruptitiously calculating her unsteady prey like a crouching leopard.

I'm going to get that nightcap glass of wine....at least one.

·
Premium Member
7,042 Posts
Reactions: oak1971

·
Registered
10,026 Posts
Someone needs to study the costs — murders, assaults, robberies, etc., — of releasing violent thugs from prison.

IMHO, it is far too high. Totally unacceptable.

Since most people wouldn’t trade their life for even a very large sum of money, I think this is a clue as to how high the costs are,

If someone still thinks otherwise, at least set-up some isolated self-contained places, where the prison types can share their experiences…heck, let relatives move in with them if keeping the family together is a big priority.
You are right. The cost of crime is high in America and we seem to tolerate it more and more. But then again, everything these people do has a high cost from their high out of wedlock birth rates, to the damage they do to our schools, to living off the government from cradle to grave. When you have a segment of society that takes and takes and produces nothing of value, it becomes very expensive and unsustainable.

·
Registered
58 Posts
You are right. The cost of crime is high in America and we seem to tolerate it more and more. But then again, everything these people do has a high cost from their high out of wedlock birth rates, to the damage they do to our schools, to living off the government from cradle to grave. When you have a segment of society that takes and takes and produces nothing of value, it becomes very expensive and unsustainable.
You hit the nail on the head, now didn't you? First, the folks we are talking about, are directly subsidized by AFDC, or whatever they call its successor program. They are born in the first place because LBJ put a bounty on out-of-wedlock births, provided a financial incentive for poor people to breed like rats so there would be a democrat majority for all eternity. Since there are no identifiable fathers, there are no positive male role models. The female role models are brood sows. I agree. You have correctly identified the problem.

Now what? Re-education camps? Just kill 'em all? Great idea, but who gets to decide? Then there's the Eighth Amendment, not to mention the pesky provisions of the 14th Amendment. Nobody's talking about Christian morality -- but then who's keeping track of that?

You made one error, "it becomes very expensive and unsustainable." I disagree with "unsustainable." You just have to get used to having "them" kill "us" off every now and again. It's like the 1960 version of the Time Machine, Morlocks and Eloi. The Morlocks do all the scut work and come out at night and eat the Eloi. Morlocks are the bottom feeders. Eloi are the middle class.

Here's a link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Time_Machine_(1960_film)#Plot

What a babe that Yvette Mimieux was.

I don't know the answer, except I've been listening to the problem since I was a child. Somehow, against all odds, we continue prospering. Richer now than ever before, despite the commie law professors, "community organizers," and all the rest. Despite all adversity, it's easier to get rich in America than ever before. People pour into this country. Frequently they bring scientific or other training: Einstein, Szilard, the whole bolus of Manhattan Project scientist were either immigrants or first generation. Oppenheimer was first generation (along with Salk and Sabin, and countless other scientists of the early 20th century), and, if it matters, not a Christian in the lot of them. Did you know Harvard used to have a quota to limit the number of Jews admitted? Yeah, that's how CCNY got all those Nobel prizes in the 1930's. Well into the 1950's Jews were not welcome at Ft. Lauderdale beach vacation apartments. "Restricted Clientele" was the loaded phrase out front. Subdivisions contained restrictive covenants that said, "no person not of the white race, nor of 1/4 Jewish or Syrian blood." I'm not making this up.

I visited our local "state of the art" hospital the other week. I encountered two "hospitalists" there. That's code for el cheapo physicians the hospital uses to bill the life out of Medicare. They were both from Pakistan. Both Muslims. Oh-oh. I called one of them a Hindu, just to pee him off. It worked. But wait, the hospital is named for a mainstream Christian denomination. Talk about tricky little devils.

No, I agree, the world is going to Hades real quick, but I ain't betting against the system just yet. I am all about purging unworthy folks from the land of the living. Particularly if they look different than me (or Yvette Mimieux). I just haven't figured out how to do it yet.

·
Registered
13,616 Posts
^^^
I‘m a bit more pessimistic, but still good commentary. +1911

·
Premium Member
4,019 Posts
Yet if the Feds and states were not shelling out cash for losers, would there be an incentive to be a loser?

Reactions: bmcgilvray

·
Registered
10,026 Posts
Yet if the Feds and states were not shelling out cash for losers, would there be an incentive to be a loser?
Losers are losers. What the government does by subsidizing them just creates more of them. But as LBJ noted, while still in office, buying their votes with our tax dollars was purposeful and intentional. Any sane person knows hunger makes people work. Giving them food just encourages their dysfunction and slothfulness.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Losers are losers. What the government does by subsidizing them just creates more of them. But as LBJ noted, while still in office, buying their votes with our tax dollars was purposeful and intentional. Any sane person knows hunger makes people work. Giving them food just encourages their dysfunction and slothfulness.
This may sound crass, but this is the era of crass, it seems, so it must be said:

What is needed is a TV ad. A montage of the dole line, food coupons, of people flat-out not making it and having, by design, to suck from the government teat. Show the long rows of tents in San Fran and other Blue Hellholes. Show the 1968 riots, the 2020 riots.

Ominous overvoice, from an actor that sounds like LBJ: "I'll have those *** voting Democrat for the next 200 years."

End it with "Their own party did it to them. Time for a new day, a fresh start. Vote Republican"

*** Can't use the same word he used, obviously. Just bleep it out in a humorous way, like a car starter grinding down or something

It's time the gloves come off. Who do I write in the RNC to pitch that to? or do they not have the balls to run it?

·
Registered
10,026 Posts
This may sound crass, but this is the era of crass, it seems, so it must be said:

What is needed is a TV ad. A montage of the dole line, food coupons, of people flat-out not making it and having, by design, to suck from the government teat. Show the long rows of tents in San Fran and other Blue Hellholes. Show the 1968 riots, the 2020 riots.

Ominous overvoice, from an actor that sounds like LBJ: "I'll have those *** voting Democrat for the next 200 years."

End it with "Their own party did it to them. Time for a new day, a fresh start. Vote Republican"

*** Can't use the same word he used, obviously. Just bleep it out in a humorous way, like a car starter grinding down or something

It's time the gloves come off. Who do I write in the RNC to pitch that to? or do they not have the balls to run it?
Here's the problem as Mitt Romney found out. He spoke at the NAACP during his 2012 campaign. He promised to get them jobs and off welfare. Apparently they didn't like that much since only about 6% voted for him.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Here's the problem as Mitt Romney found out. He spoke at the NAACP during his 2012 campaign. He promised to get them jobs and off welfare. Apparently they didn't like that much since only about 6% voted for him.
I think the target of my theoretical ad was missed: It's not aimed at the people using those services. They'll always vote Dem, just as LBJ intended.

The intent of my theoretical ad is to make all those white middle-class libs sitting in their nice dinettes poring over Junior's grades and downing the Frosted Flakes. Should they support such a clearly racist, classist party? After all, they may not be aware that their party of choice is the racist one, despite their claims to the contrary.

It'd be nice if such a PSA was put out to enlighten the great unwashed Llib masses. And they're out there. They may think it's all just like they were told when they were little. There's nothing rougher than waking up one day and realizing your life's a lie. Happened to me when I was 17, on a different subject.

·
Premium Member
7,042 Posts

Here's my thought: pitch it to a Libertarian* of the fiscal conservative stripe ... as opposed to the socially liberal ones. If the ad has them outperform expectations ( which I find likely ), then it might catch on with the Rs.

*- or another 3rd party e.g. Constitutional

Reactions: Old Grey Hare

·
Registered
13,616 Posts
Background of an Animal:

Dedicated to Hatred”

“As local police slapped the cuffs on Brooks, the contents of his social media accounts were exposed, revealing deeply disturbing posts advocating riots, the assaulting of police and white people, and hate-filled tropes about Jews, the LGBT community and even Barack Obama. As one US website put it, Brooks seemed ‘dedicated to hate’.

Brooks also posted his support for Hitler, praising the dictator’s anti-Semitic views, and shared memes repeating the more bizarre claims about Jews that usually preoccupy far-right extremists.

Along with his support for the Black Lives Matter movement, he also shared a concocted meme of a black overseer beating white people picking cotton as a benevolent Martin Luther King watched over the scene, and there were plenty of other posts sharing the more extreme racially-divisive views about law enforcement and the black community.

Brooks recorded one video admitting sex trafficking an underage girl to Nevada, with whom he had a baby when she was aged 15, but absolves himself of any blame, claiming: “I didn’t know the b**** was 16 at the time.” On yet another video he sings about kidnap and murder while posing in front of an SUV that appears similar to the one he drove through the Waukesha Christmas parade.”

Unfortunately, there are more of them…

·
Registered
891 Posts
Background of an Animal:

Dedicated to Hatred”

“As local police slapped the cuffs on Brooks, the contents of his social media accounts were exposed, revealing deeply disturbing posts advocating riots, the assaulting of police and white people, and hate-filled tropes about Jews, the LGBT community and even Barack Obama. As one US website put it, Brooks seemed ‘dedicated to hate’.
This will never be on primetime. and if it is, it'll be a few seconds' worth and then on to the Daily Outrage.

I'm shocked Rittenhouse got acquitted in this day and age. My instinct tells me this one's a slam-dunk conviction, but -- BUT -- because he's of the correct color, and is a career crim, my brain's telling me he'll walk. Again.

Still wondering when critical mass will be reached, the point where america tips over and we get another tidal shift like 1980 was.

·
Premium Member
7,042 Posts
This will never be on primetime. and if it is, it'll be a few seconds' worth and then on to the Daily Outrage.

I'm shocked Rittenhouse got acquitted in this day and age. My instinct tells me this one's a slam-dunk conviction, but -- BUT -- because he's of the correct color, and is a career crim, my brain's telling me he'll walk. Again.

Still wondering when critical mass will be reached, the point where america tips over and we get another tidal shift like 1980 was.
Needs a bigger wave.

81 - 100 of 116 Posts