1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday I was at Cabelas in Hamburg, PA. They had 5 or 6 different model Colts in the case. All new. One was a blued 1991A1, 38 Super model, Special Combat, a WWI or II,, and can't remember the other 2.

·
Registered
8,307 Posts
our range shop owner just got a heads up that the COLTS were coming. he was really taken by surprise as he had not been able to get any from his distributors for some time now. a couple new ones are already in his display case with more on the way.

be safe, shoot well.:rock:

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
My local gun shop has probably 15-20 Colt's in there case all the time:
Series 80 blue and stainless government and commander
Gunsight pistols in cluding the officer's
Series 70 in blue and stainless probably two each etc etc

·
Registered
8,307 Posts
cameron:

is your gun shop owner a relative of some COLT exec.?:hrm::biglaugh:

i 've been shopping at my local range shop, along with three other gun shops in the area and no one has had a new Colt on display around here in a couple of years for whatever reason.

it's good to see them start coming into our area.

be safe, shoot well.:rock:

·
Registered
12 Posts
two for one

I went to a store here in MI, and asked what they wanted for series 70 reissue Govt models whenever they get them in. They quoted a good price, and told me $50 would bring one into the store. When mine arrived, I went to the store and they had gotten two 70 Govt models, and 4 or five various other new pieces. That place seems to have a lot of used Colt's, too.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
mitrod3 the local gun shop with all the Colts is http://www.daves-guns.com their website sucks but maybe you can call them and they can tell you what they have there Colts are in the front case prominently displayed and I bought my NRM Commander from them.

Cameron

·
Registered
176 Posts
Rob96 said:
Saturday I was at Cabelas in Hamburg, PA. They had 5 or 6 different model Colts in the case. All new. One was a blued 1991A1, 38 Super model, Special Combat, a WWI or II,, and can't remember the other 2.
I was there at the same time! Maybe our paths crossed. Were you there when the CO tank exploded? If you missed it, someone was filling a CO tank right by the firearm checkout and it exploded. Scared the hell out of everyone because naturally we at first thought it was a gunshot.

I looked at those same Colts. The prices were about $40 higher than what I get from my Internet dealer. But, one could look them over in person; with Colt, this is a good thing :) . I didn't buy any though :(

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Stopped by a Denver area shop today that had all kinds of Colts; series 70 & 80 Gov't blue & stainless, Gold Cup, WW1, XSE (the new ones w/Novak copy sights), Gunsite CCO. And high sticker prices to go along with them!

·
Premium Member
9,375 Posts
I have never had a problem seeing new or used Colts in the cases here
in SW Ohio. They are almost as easy to find as Kimbers. Well...in the
bigger gunstores. The small Mom-and-Pop shops get one or two and
they are usually sold in a day or so.

Regards,
Greyson

·
Registered
9 Posts
Out here in Kalifornia, you can find Colts at a lot of stores, but usually just one or two, very poor selection. Fewer Colts are legal here, but still it is a pretty poor showing. In the same store that would have 2 dozen Kimbers, there are often no Colts at all. Definitely the hardest to find 'brand' except for the semi-customs (Les Baer, Nighthawk, Ed Brown).

Sounds like the situation (and perhaps Colt sales) are better elsewhere in the country.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
zephyr said:
I was there at the same time! Maybe our paths crossed. Were you there when the CO tank exploded? If you missed it, someone was filling a CO tank right by the firearm checkout and it exploded. Scared the hell out of everyone because naturally we at first thought it was a gunshot.

I looked at those same Colts. The prices were about $40 higher than what I get from my Internet dealer. But, one could look them over in person; with Colt, this is a good thing :) . I didn't buy any though :(

I was there not too soon after they opened. SO I missed the exploding tank. I am taking a wild guess by your screen name that you are from Whitehall. Might I be right?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Rob96 said:
I was there not too soon after they opened. SO I missed the exploding tank. I am taking a wild guess by your screen name that you are from Whitehall. Might I be right?
You missed all the excitement! BTW, I'm in Springfield, Delaware County. It's a little bit of a drive to Cabela's for me (90 mins) but the pickings in Delaware County are pretty slim as far as firearms go.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
zephyr said:
You missed all the excitement! BTW, I'm in Springfield, Delaware County. It's a little bit of a drive to Cabela's for me (90 mins) but the pickings in Delaware County are pretty slim as far as firearms go.

I always miss the excitement.:bawling:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts