1911Forum banner

Would you buy a new, pre-enhanced ,Colt Combat Elite if it was available?

• Yes. I would buy one.

Votes: 58 85.3%
  • No. I would not buy one.

Votes: 10 14.7%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Who would buy a Combat Elite if Colt brought it back?

I sent Mark a pm about the possibility of Colt reissuing the pre-enhanced Combat Elite. He said that they don't get much call for the Combat Elite but if interest in this model increased and they received more than just one or two requests that in his opinion they would produce it again. I have done another pole as to who would buy a Combat Elite if they were available again. Come on my fellow forum members and let our collective voice be heard. If you would buy one then vote yes. I'd even be happy if we could put a 1911 Forum special purchase together and get them that way. Maybe there isn't as much interest as I think there is in the Combat Elite but I honestly feel that it would be a good seller. Anyway, thanks for voting.

·
Administrator
75,220 Posts
I strongly feel Colt should re-introduce the Combat Elite, if for no reason other than the fact that the cost to do so would involve little more than paperwork and more boring board meetings. All the parts necessary to make them are already in use in existing models.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I would definitely buy one even if it was a Series 80 and would absolutely positively no bones about it buy one if it was a Series 70. It kinda perplexes me that Mark reads this forum and thinks that there is not much demand for them. Not a week goes by that somebody doesn't start a thread about them. See my poll below that includes the Combat Elite.

http://www.1911forum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61343

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
How much were the CE new vs. the Colt Special Combat Governments new?

What are the main differences between these 2 tone pistols. From what I see, the finishes are a little bit different, the SC using a glossier satin finish?

Also the SC uses a different hammer and has target sights vs. the fixed combat sights on the elite.

I wanna get a 2 tone gun, both seem to be similar, what are the prices for each? (and the price that the CE went for new when it was in production)

thanks

·
Registered
696 Posts
Hey, M1991A1... how'd you get my gun? :) Seriously, mine's identical...

Mikey D...

·
Registered
300 Posts
Truthfully, I was looking to buy one at the show in Phoenix, but the few that I saw just didn't look right somehow. From the photos (I haven't seen one in person)I'd be inclined to buy one of Ed Brown's new Elites.....of course if Colt's price was right, then all bets would be off:D

·
Registered
410 Posts
I already have a Enhanced CE and thus would not be interested in a 1991 NRM CE. However, as DSK points out it's an inexpensive way to add another model to the line up. A S70 CE would get my attention. As would a S70 Delta ;)

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I would like one also...the CE's seem to be one of the more-sought after Series 80 models, on the used market.

Grooved front strap, please. Novak sights. 10mm :D

aw, okay, .45 would be fine, too:D

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I wanted a CE ever since I saw Arnold and Linda H. wield one in Terminator2. A few years back, I had a chance to pick up an Enhanced Series 80 CE or Gold Cup. Wounded up getting the Gold Cup instead. Although I love my GC, I still regret not getting that CE.

Now I can't get ANY 1911 in new condition anymore since I live in the People's Republic of MA. :mad:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts