1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just received, about an hour ago, a Tucker Gunleather "The Answer" for my Kimber Tactical Pro...

I opened the box and checked it out carefully. So...how much can someone do with a piece of leather hooked to kydex? Well...apparently a lot!

Sounds like a simple thing to do just slap on some glue maybe and sew it together then put in a few screws. As I looked at "the answer" I noticed a lot of attention to detail...the leather is well finished...and I am talking about the smoothest cutting I have ever seen. If the blade was picked up I would need a microscope to see it. Then there is the stitching...I would defy anyone to tell me where the stitching stops/starts. Simply stated - this was made by a craftsman that knows exactly what they are doing and wasn't drifting off thinking of other things. Someone squarely focused on one thing - putting out the only holster he has ever made. Well...maybe not the only one - but you could sure believe that looking at this thing.

I have worn a lot of IWBs...leather and Kydex. Some of them having peoples names on them that are considered the very best available and they are.

In addition to a full size 1911 and a 4" 1911 I actually wear a small 9MM (which shall remain nameless) a lot in a CTAC IWB. Very comfortable and being small even better.

So I put the Kimber Tactical Pro into the holster for fit...slide it into the leather lined Kydex...seemed a little loose but I actually read the instructions that came with it so I didn't tighten anything and put it on.

You have got to be kidding me...right out of the box...I can't believe how "the answer" just snugged up moved into the sweet spot and there is sits...totally comfortable...and I mean comfortable...like "where's the gun?" comfortable. The thing I am trying to understand is this holster just came out of the box...not broken in...not softened...nothing...how can it be so comfortable from the beginning?

I think it might have something to do with the design...duh...but as I said it is a simple thing to look at. Thing is there is design coming into play...a lot of it and it has been done by someone that knows what they are doing and experienced on their own and then shared it with other shooters.

I will now see what happens from here...but I can only see it get better.

Doing a review within an hour of getting something...well...the first hour was enough to comment on as far as I am concerned!

I don't do reviews much and I write like I think so it doesn't come out very sophisticated. I just wanted to share with you all something I see as very special...even if I don't understand how in the heck Tucker figured this out...I for one am sure glad he did!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Ummm???

I just received, about an hour ago, a Tucker Gunleather "The Answer" for my Kimber Tactical Pro...

I opened the box and checked it out carefully. So...how much can someone do with a piece of leather hooked to kydex? Well...apparently a lot!

Sounds like a simple thing to do just slap on some glue maybe and sew it together then put in a few screws. As I looked at "the answer" I noticed a lot of attention to detail...the leather is well finished...and I am talking about the smoothest cutting I have ever seen. If the blade was picked up I would need a microscope to see it. Then there is the stitching...I would defy anyone to tell me where the stitching stops/starts. Simply stated - this was made by a craftsman that knows exactly what they are doing and wasn't drifting off thinking of other things. Someone squarely focused on one thing - putting out the only holster he has ever made. Well...maybe not the only one - but you could sure believe that looking at this thing.

I have worn a lot of IWBs...leather and Kydex. Some of them having peoples names on them that are considered the very best available and they are.

In addition to a full size 1911 and a 4" 1911 I actually wear a small 9MM (which shall remain nameless) a lot in a CTAC IWB. Very comfortable and being small even better.

So I put the Kimber Tactical Pro into the holster for fit...slide it into the leather lined Kydex...seemed a little loose but I actually read the instructions that came with it so I didn't tighten anything and put it on.

You have got to be kidding me...right out of the box...I can't believe how "the answer" just snugged up moved into the sweet spot and there is sits...totally comfortable...and I mean comfortable...like "where's the gun?" comfortable. The thing I am trying to understand is this holster just came out of the box...not broken in...not softened...nothing...how can it be so comfortable from the beginning?

I think it might have something to do with the design...duh...but as I said it is a simple thing to look at. Thing is there is design coming into play...a lot of it and it has been done by someone that knows what they are doing and experienced on their own and then shared it with other shooters.

I will now see what happens from here...but I can only see it get better.

Doing a review within an hour of getting something...well...the first hour was enough to comment on as far as I am concerned!

I don't do reviews much and I write like I think so it doesn't come out very sophisticated. I just wanted to share with you all something I see as very special...even if I don't understand how in the heck Tucker figured this out...I for one am sure glad he did!
Some pics or at least a web link to pics would be appropriate in a review article.,

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry about that like I said I don't do reviews. Fixed but not the best picture.

Also, I will see how closely people look at the picture. There is something that isn't right in that picture - wonder who will notice first. :)

·
Registered
577 Posts
Sorry about that like I said I don't do reviews. Fixed but not the best picture.

Also, I will see how closely people look at the picture. There is something that isn't right in that picture - wonder who will notice first. :)
Your magazine isn't fully inserted.

Or is it the fact that you're a lefty? hahah.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Good catch! Can't hide that shine! :biglaugh:

A lefty...Oh...so now it starts...good one! :hrm:

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
I am very, very interested in that holster myself. Please let us know how comfortable it is after all day wear. I'm almost to the point of ordering one.

Thanks!

John

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
John - One of the tests for my holsters is how they feel when sitting. When I sit down all that hardware gets squeezed so to speak and that is when the biting or pinching starts or the need to adjust it for the new position. I have found that if there is going to be discomfort it will happen then for me.

I have had it on all day sitting, standing, driving etc. Remembering it just came this morning I am still very surprised that I don't feel any discomfort. Believe me I am waiting - I am a believer in "if it sounds too good to be true - it probably is." But so far I haven't gotten bitten once and I haven't needed to adjust it.

I will keep you informed though - let me get through today, tonight and tomorrow and see what I find.

One other thing - I did some drawing just for the heck of it - this thing is fast - even with the leather inside the Kydex - again time could change that since it is quite slick still.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sarge - I won't write another thing...

...if you send me some of those amazing grips! :biglaugh:

·
Registered
738 Posts
I am very, very interested in that holster myself. Please let us know how comfortable it is after all day wear. I'm almost to the point of ordering one.

Thanks!

John
I can answer that. I've been wearing my Answer nearly everyday for over two years and still, it's the single-most comfortable, functional holster I've ever tried... of ANY kind. It's passed the 5-1/2hr drive test, the nap test, the concealed under a tucked golf shirt test, and many others. 10/10

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I can answer that. I've been wearing my Answer nearly everyday for over two years and still, it's the single-most comfortable, functional holster I've ever tried... of ANY kind. It's passed the 5-1/2hr drive test, the nap test, the concealed under a tucked golf shirt test, and many others. 10/10
Hey - mine passed the nap test too yesterday! :biglaugh:

I would say that the reviews I have read like the one above are accurate. I have had it a day and a half and it has already softened and molded to my body. I can honestly say it is the most comfortable of all the IWBs I have.

Funny how the absence of something can make such a big impression! :eek:

The only thing I can't speak to is that I suppose depending on your body type it might feel differently but I have read a bunch of reviews on the internet and there were about as many kinds of body types as I could ever think exist. Small, large, extra large...etc.

I did a test this morning though - I had the wife put it on. She is 5'4" 107lbs. and she told me other than the weight of the gun she really couldn't feel much.

She said she couldn't really tell where it was up against her body. She could tell it was there but more because of how it was situated between her pants and her belt. She is not a gun carrier - although she might be now - I just think that Kimber is little too much for her to pack around.

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Hey, you need to change your sig! :biglaugh:

Glad you're so happy with it. If I needed another holster, I think you'd have talked me into trying one of these too.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You are right! However, I got the HFI rig coming too but not until November...:(

I thought everyone always needed another holster - I know I have a box of them anyway. But - I think with this and the HF1 I will be all set for a while...well until I see the next gun I can't live without...uh...guess I better get a bigger box! :eek:

·
Registered
189 Posts
I am limited to ONE holster purchase until my girlfriend graduates, seems like everyone recommends this one. How much am I gonna have to sneak out of the penny jar?
Kael

·
Registered
606 Posts
I received a Tucker Urban Legend the other day and was also impressed by the craftsmanship of the holster. The Urban Legend is the OWB version of The Answer. I haven't had a chance yet to wear it for an extended period of time but so far it is comfortable and I like the design.

I had originally ordered The Answer and then decided to switch. The great thing about Tucker is they will let me try it for awhile and if I decide to switch back they will exchange with no questions asked. That's having confidence in your product and great customer service.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I would be interested in knowing how the Urban Legend works out for you once you get a chance to wear it a while.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.