1911Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post here and am debating between a basic Custom II or a Stainless II(since it looks so sweet). Any dealers here in the bay area that you know of will sell these at good prices? I've read online the best price for a Custom II at around $585 and a Stainless II at around $675. Can I come close to that at a dealer?

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Well, I stand corrected. You just have to expand your search!

Kimbers are popular, there's got to be some out there somewhere. Just start calling every dealer within 100 miles of the Bay Area, you're bound to find something.

Of course counting two trips, I hope you get good gas mileage. That one would add at least $60 to the price just for gas to the dealer.

Plus try the local gun shows, there's another one in Vallejo October 22nd. They just had one at the Cow Palace last weekend, but I didn't go, for a change.

You could always try posting a "WTB" on the Calguns.net forum, or TheHighRoad.org too.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone! I just bought a Stainless II yesterday after calling around a few dealers and found a good place in San Jose called the Gun Exchange. The guy asked what's the best price I got from calling around and I said about $800,and he told me he could do better than that. He offered to sell one at $759,so I jumped on the deal. Yeah,I could've gotten a little better price shopping online,but it was a very fair and good price especially in California. I am stoked! Now I gotta wait 10 damn days to pick it up. Thanks again for the advice. Got a few mods I wanna slap on already....like a magwell,some target sights, and some nice smooth rosewood grips.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It's hard waiting the 10 days, but worth it. I finally got to the range and fired 200+ rounds. My new Custom II worked flawlessly, including my final clip of Federal Hydra-shok hollow points. I had no FTF's, using my stock Kimber Mag and 2 Wilson Combat's. I definately recommend the Wilson 47D mags. They are so much smoother, plus they hold 8 rounds, instead of 7 :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
flipp3r said:
I just picked up my Custom II (black) today for $599. It's been on sale for at least the last few weeks at Wild Sports in Orangevale, CA 95662. I can't wait to get it out to the range this weekend.

I've seen the Ad in the Bee that Wildsports runs every week that occasionally features a custom 2 for $599. That's a steal on a Kimber here in Norcal. Hope you enjoy your new gun.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hi all:

I found a Custom II that I wanted, but most dealers in my area(Bay Area, I live in Berkeley at the moment) charge an arm and a leg for processing the order, for example the Trader Sports wanted 125 +25 for the tranfser fee, making the purchase online pointless. IS there any dealer within 20 miles of Oakland that won't over charge for a dealer-to-dealer transfer?

Nick

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
270winchester said:
Hi all:

I found a Custom II that I wanted, but most dealers in my area(Bay Area, I live in Berkeley at the moment) charge an arm and a leg for processing the order, for example the Trader Sports wanted 125 +25 for the tranfser fee, making the purchase online pointless. IS there any dealer within 20 miles of Oakland that won't over charge for a dealer-to-dealer transfer?

Nick
I believe that the internet gun sites have a list of dealers that will transfer by area with fees listed. :D

·
Registered
230 Posts
plunker said:
I believe that the internet gun sites have a list of dealers that will transfer by area with fees listed. :D
yeah, they usually do, but this particular shop ain't got one, they actually asked me to find one and then call them, so yeah.

Oh well, I'm just gonna go in a get one off the showrrom floor.

THanks though

Nick

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.