1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't sure if it would have been better to post this question the Pro thread, so sorry if I should have.

Anyway I am just wondering if anyone else here is waiting on a Pro, and if so how long have you been waiting?

I ordered my non-rail Pro September 2008 and still nothing. I have seen several pop up online since that time yet nothing for me. It was claimed a shipment was to go out late Oct-Nov but that came and went, so maybe I was bumped...again :grumble:

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
The local dealer got three in a couple of months ago for over-the-counter sales and they were gone within 36 hours at $2599. The manager said they had been on order for 14 months. A little arithmetic with serial numbers indicate they're making an averate 20 Pros per month which are divided between LEO sales, and regular retail. Not an answer to the question, but a little background info.

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Who's waiting on a Pro?

I wish I was :bawling:

I'm sure it is worth the wait.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Who's waiting on a Pro?

I wish I was :bawling:

I'm sure it is worth the wait.
I waited 13 months for mine and you are right. It was definitely worth the wait. I've had it for 3 months now and I already want another one.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I'm currently waiting as well..i've only been waiting for about 5 weeks. Guess i have some time ahead of me still. Nothing fancy just a 5" no rail.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SA won't give you an ETA?
My original ETA was 9 months, but that came and went. The last feedback I received was late Oct/beginning of Nov about a shipment going out soon.

I figured most of the LE orders would be railed but who-knows.

·
Premium Member
3,371 Posts
Couple of months into a railed pro now...:(

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've been waiting 12 months now. I Emailed Deb last month and she said my order should be filled from the next batch due in mid November. Well we are into December now and I'm patiently waiting......

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
It's nothing new. The FBI gets first priority for Pros, so if they need any when your turn comes up, you'll be made to wait. I know someone that experienced this a couple of times. After the second time he cancelled his order and just ordered a Custom Carry.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Why order one, I've seen them offered in the past on some of the well known gun brokers web sites for around 2500 to 2600 or less if memory serves me correctly...
It isn't like you can get a customized Pro Springer. They are all the same, except for one with or without the rail, right?

·
Registered
164 Posts
When I decided to purchase a Pro I Waited 15 Days found one in stock at a gun store in kentucky and got it to California. They are out there just have to look!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I placed my order in Sep 2008, was given a eta of 8 months. May came than it was pushed to 10 months. July came then I was told OCT. Oct came, I emailed Deb and she said that my gun was done and needed payment info. Payment info sent, week went by, no gun. I called and she said that there was no gun. The computer was wrong and the order for the gun to be shipped out was returned to Deb. Payment refunded then told to check with her at the end of Nov. End of Nov came she said two weeks I should have my gun. I have one more week to go. Hopefully I will have it by Christmas. Getting a hold of Springfield via phone is difficult and they don't return calls. I suggest you email and see what the status is...

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Checking online

I have one on order that is due this April. But if if you get impatient you can put the pro on a wishlist at Buds. I believe the last one there went for $2400delivered to your gun dealer. If you have to consider sales tax at your local level then you still come out ahead by paying your dealer $50 for transfer.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Check out SGCUSA.com once in awhile, I saw 3 for sale 3 months ago. They were gone a day later when I checked online.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My wait time was 3 months. I drove 2 1/2 hours to pick it up then drove 2 1/2 hours back home. It was a rough drive back home I wanted to check it out!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts