1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
21,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would it be a corollary of Murphy's Law that if someone asks for recommendations on gun, ammo, magazine, bullet, powder, holster, etc. and the thread runs long, he will get a recommendation for every product on the market?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Would it be a corollary of Murphy's Law that if someone asks for recommendations on gun, ammo, magazine, bullet, powder, holster, etc. and the thread runs long, he will get a recommendation for every product on the market?

Seems when folks ask questions like that, others don't recommend what would work best for the OP, but what they themselves have or use. IMHO, some folks need validation for their own choices and talking others into the same thing makes them feel more comfortable with their choice.

·
Administrator
71,901 Posts
My favorite is when a poster has narrowed down his choice between gun A or gun B and asks which he should pick. Everyone then answers telling him to pick guns C, D, E, or X. :confused:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Firearms Corollation to Murphy's Law: When a question is asked on a firearms forum if it can be suggested, it will be - even if it does not address the original question posed.

My favorite is when a poster has narrowed down his choice between gun A or gun B and asks which he should pick. Everyone then answers telling him to pick guns C, D, E, or X. :confused:
This is precisely why I don't bother asking a forum to help me make the decision between gun A and gun B lol. Get C, it's cheaper! I have D, it does me fine! Have you looked at E? It costs 4 times as much as A & B combined, but it's totally worth it! Forget all of that, get a router and mill out a receiver to build it yourself!

Even though the OP states I don't want cheap because I would like to be able to confidently stake my life on this weapon and you get what you pay for, D is a rifle and the OP asked about a pistol (or vice versa), E costs enough to buy four each of guns A & B, and the OP states I want a weapon that's reliable and ready to rock, not a project to constantly be f///in with.

God bless the gun community, I hope it never changes. :rock:

·
Registered
89 Posts

Don’t forget the classic “I like X”without saying why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
199 Posts
If one is so conflicted over which gun to buy.he should step back and start over.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Even if you start a thread and say in it that you only want feedback on 1911s, some G-lock fanboy will interject how his Tupperware g-69 is superior to the antiquated 1911.
Then Some Sig. fanboy Will chime in. Then thread is worthless because all others will post about their non-1911 even the Hi-Pointers will want their two cents worth.

·
Banned
81 Posts
I'm not aware of such a corollary, but I'd love to know of one. It would get worn out just being used right here.

·
Premium Member
7,274 Posts
Even if you start a thread and say in it that you only want feedback on 1911s, some G-lock fanboy will interject how his Tupperware g-69 is superior to the antiquated 1911.
Then Some Sig. fanboy Will chime in. Then thread is worthless because all others will post about their non-1911 even the Hi-Pointers will want their two cents worth.
Sig makes a nice 1911....Glock does not! :)

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
That would be "Watson's Law" of course!

·
Registered
2,287 Posts

·
Registered
7,731 Posts
1) I will never be able to understand how a person asks a forum to decide which gun he should buy.

An adult should be able to research and buy on his own.

2) I like the guys who suggest, after a person wants a decision to be made for him over brand A or B, for the poster to save more money and get something so expensive that only a few forum members actually have one.

Next time this happens, I will suggest the OP save his money for 14 more years so a 10,000 dollar 1911 can be purchased.

3) The fools who, after proclaiming what the OP should buy, ends the comment with, "Nuff said".

Really? These jokers think they have "the final word"?

Forget about the guys who want help in choosing a 1911... I REALLY don't get the people who ask others what LUBE they should use!!

Oh, but it's all in fun, haha

·
Administrator
71,901 Posts
That's it. If SHE spoke up and gave her opinion I'm sure everybody here would shut up and listen.

For maybe two seconds.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
She would probably grow old reading through all the replies here. :grumble:

I've read threads in the forum here that had more words in them than some sets of encyclopedias. :eek:

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
My favorite is when a poster has narrowed down his choice between gun A or gun B and asks which he should pick. Everyone then answers telling him to pick guns C, D, E, or X.
We have seen that happen too!😌

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Seems when folks ask questions like that, others don't recommend what would work best for the OP, but what they themselves have or use. IMHO, some folks need validation for their own choices and talking others into the same thing makes them feel more comfortable with their choice.
Well...duh ! Of course we do. That's why neighbors can sit down and drink a beer together that they both like...'see, I picked a good beer', 'you know that lawnmower I bought works like a champ', 'that boat I bought is great', and finally, 'my wife is the greatest'. :biglaugh:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.