1911Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you mods can only be described as acutely anal. I posted a pic of a display stand I built and one of my Colts in the Colt forum. It was promptly moved to the Accessories For Sale forum. Now, as it turns out, neither the stand nor the gun is for sale. I then tried to delete the thread, but once an anal mod moves it I can no longer delete it.

Next year, instead of a $50 donation, I'm gonna send you fellas a case of Ex Lax.

Oh yeah, please delete the thread. I'll refrain from posting anymore pics.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
marvl, first, I do not know who moved the thread. Second, I complied with your wish for it to be deleted. Third, take a chill pill. From the way it was worded, thread title that is, I can see where someone thought it was about the stand being a new one that was available. I mean, you have asked about posting these stands for sale.

·
Administrator
74,628 Posts
You asked the mods recently if it was okay to post pics of your stands for sale. We said it was alright. Suddenly a pic shows up, worded in such a way that it sure sounded like you were entertaining offers for it. Naturally it got moved to the For Sale forum. If you have issues like this in the future PM a mod and the understanding can be cleared up.

·
Banned
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I'm sorry for the confusion. But I believe no where did I use the words "for sale", etc. I'll take a chill pill if you'll eat a few carrots to help with your eye sight. :p

·
Premium Member
6,416 Posts
Lighten up marvl. You sell those things, the mods moved your post to the appropriate forum, what's the big deal. I checked out your website, your work looks nice.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
lol sounds like it was simply a misunderstanding this time around.

In general mods move posts to the section where they think they will get the most response/exposure based on the thread. Its generally considered to be a helpful action, though sometimes it doesn't come across that way.

I don't know how it works here, but on the site I mod the mod's are volunteers/are not paid, which means they are trying to log on in their free time to keep track of things, generally many times a day if they are going to keep up with new posts. Sometimes when you only have a second its easy to just skim a title or first few lines and misinterpret what the post was about, especially if there was a very similar thread last time you logged on. Sounds like that's all that happened here.

Why don't you repost the pic--there are probably people who'd like to see it (I would).

·
Administrator
74,628 Posts
Misunderstanding or not, I don't like the attitude. It's not your forum to tell us when and where to move/edit/delete posts. If you think it was a bad call then e-mail or PM a mod and ask them why it was done. Raising a stink just because you think you were grossly wronged is not how you do it.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
marvl said:
I then tried to delete the thread, but once an anal mod moves it I can no longer delete it.
Dear marvl,

The fact that you could not delete your post/thread has nothing to do with it being moved. Deletions can only be done by moderators and administrators. If you find that you have a post you want to delete, and the thread is still open, just click on the "edit" button and delete all the text. Happy new year! Gary

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.