1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
Shay,

I posed this same question to John at Wilson's a week or two ago. His reply?

Chuck, trends come and go, but the 45 is here to stay. There are so many different PD's that are changing form 9mm 40 cal back to the 45. I would venture to say that if you were to take a poll, per individual, on different PD's that if they had THEIR choice and not the Dept. the majority would chose a 45 cal. The old question is would you rather be hit by a flying marble or a flying bowling ball? WE have in the past built 38 supers but those were more for the competive shooter back when HI Caps were the norm. I really don't see us straying from the 45cal.
Not a bad answer in my book -- stay with what works!

Chuck

·
Registered
79 Posts
I for one am glad to see that the .38Stupid is no longer available by Wilson Combat.

Anything less than the .45ACP in a 1911 is down right UN-AMERICAN!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It would be a nice conversion to 9x23. I totally agree about carrying the biggest caliber possible but sometimes you are limited to 9mm and 38 by dept policy.

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
Shay,

Actually it was a 9x23mm inquiry that ultimately resulted in the reply I posted above.

To summarize, they said "9x23mm? No way."

Chuck

·
Registered
268 Posts
Try Les Baer, they ... will make a 9x23 or 38S.

Altered to preserve the author's point, without including the inflammatory aspects present in the orginal posting.

Chuck

[This message has been edited by StormMaster (edited 10-01-2001).]

·
Registered
79 Posts
John Boy,

This is the WILSON COMBAT page! Please keep it as such. If you want to talk about other 1911's then do so at the other pages! We let you have your page- to do your thing! Let us have ours to do OURS!

WC owners ... settle for nothing less than perfection in a COMBAT pistol! We know we have the best "FIGHTING" pistol on the PLANET, PERIOD!

Toned down the rhetoric a bit here too, to keep the peace, although LONE WOLF's point is well made: if you want to make a lot of disparaging comments about either Wilson OR Baer, you should probably think twice before airing them on the "opposing camp's" turf.

Chuck

·
Premium Member
3,232 Posts
It is disappointing that Wilson would stop making guns in other calibers but it is understandable. .45 will has been and will be a good self-defense cartridge for a long time. The 9x23 and 10mm are good rounds, and it nice to see when someone builds for them. If you check WC website, they have been selling off their stock of 9mm, 38 super and 40 barrels. They no longer make the 10mm magazine, etc.
but with the AR line, getting Scattergun Tech and the line of .45 pistols..they have plenty to keep them busy.

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
The 9x23 and 10mm are good rounds, and it nice to see when someone builds for them.
I must agree. While the new/old 9x23mm cartridge continues to interest me, I must admit to a longtime fascination with the 1911 in 10mm. Though I've never had the opportunity to own one, I certainly do like the idea.

Chuck

·
Registered
49 Posts
I guess I am mainly responding to Lone Wolf here, but I certainly agree about the .45. Have been shooting them for 25 plus years and don't plan on changing now. I got my CQB about three weeks ago, have used it once in IDPA (my second IDPA match). Didn't do too bad. Came in 16th out of 38. If not for a "@#$%&*" I would have done a lot better. I have warned all of my 9mm 'friends' that I will beat them next year. They barely beat me this year.

Tim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts