1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find a good deal on a box of M2 ball 30-06 ammo.

Then it magically reproduces into an M1 garand.

This rifle then spawns an M1 carbine..

Now I look around and their is a new 1911a1 sitting there.. I'm getting scared now.

Anybody else have this strange occurrence?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I find a good deal on a box of M2 ball 30-06 ammo.

Then it magically reproduces into an M1 garand.

This rifle then spawns an M1 carbine..

Now I look around and their is a new 1911a1 sitting there.. I'm getting scared now.

Anybody else have this strange occurrence?
Reconinforce,

It is completely normal,---happens all the time in this neck of the woods! (With proper care and feeding.)

Best Regards,

·
Administrator
72,996 Posts
I wish I had your problem! When I have money to buy this stuff they all run and hide. But when I'm flat broke they all come out of the woodwork again, often sporting tags showing a killer deal. :bawling:

Anyway, that's a great set of small arms you got there. Excellent photography too. Maybe I need to take my Garand out for a little exercise this weekend as well.

·
Registered
6,388 Posts
Wish I had your self control!

All the best,

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You are not alone. I see you're missing a few items: M1 bayo, a thompson, 1903a3, to name a few:)
Lol I did not want to clutter the pic up. Just got my first 1903 a few weeks ago plus two more WWII 1911s.. And had the bayonets. I do need the Thompson though.

It's a sickness. But o so fun.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
I wish I had your problem! When I have money to buy this stuff they all run and hide. But when I'm flat broke they all come out of the woodwork again, often sporting tags showing a killer deal. :bawling:

Anyway, that's a great set of small arms you got there. Excellent photography too. Maybe I need to take my Garand out for a little exercise this weekend as well.
You're not alone, happened to me more than once.

·
Administrator
72,996 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The collection could be a good representation of war progression. Jump into theatre with the carbine due to the weight. Transition to the garand from a battle field pick-up for more firepower. Then comes the promotion and a 1911.

Interesting how many firearms excell and fail depending on the situation or need. Always a trade off.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
utterly obsessive, addictive behavior supported by absolutely no logic or reasonable thinking. you real did good! welcome to the club!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts