1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
look up tool on the Colt site ever work? I must be doing something wrong. I type in 71B9772 and it says no records found. I take out the letter B and it lists several 1900 #'s that I assume are code for different models but the numbers are no where close to what I entered. What am I missing?

·
Administrator
74,040 Posts
For one it's a very new firearm. 71B9772 should be a ~2012-13 production Series 70. Is it the one you just bought? If so it's surprising it was still in the channel as my newest S70 is already at 72B23XX. I've seen ones as high as 72B30XX online so Colt must have increased their production rate on these.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For one it's a very new firearm. 71B9772 should be a ~2012-13 production Series 70. Is it the one you just bought? If so it's surprising it was still in the channel as my newest S70 is already at 72B23XX. I've seen ones as high as 72B30XX online so Colt must have increased their production rate on these.
No its not my new one, its one I am thinking about purchasing. It seems I have been bitten severely by the colt bug

·
Administrator
74,040 Posts
Is it blued or stainless, and does it have a plain RH slide or is it marked Government Model?

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
The Colt lookup seems to be a work in progress. Most newer guns don't return any info.
hey long as they keep working and get it right I'm glad it's something they'll do that really serves them no purpose at all other than make customers happy.

Mainly customers with guns that aren't making Colt a penny

1 - 7 of 7 Posts