1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've aways wondered why I'm such a 1911 fan......like the looks,fire power,operation etc. just an all around great pistol....Well just saw "The Phantom" movie on HBO, the Phantom carries 2-1911 long slides.....and it reminded me "The Phantom" was my favorite comic strip in the sunday papers back in the 50s.........now I gotta work on his other stuff!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
pretty cool flick, JOEE
A little campy but WTH... I like the 1930's period feel of it. Just like my 1911 addiction, I'm drawn to the 1920's and 30's autos - my favorite periods of American classic car design.
But that's style-wise, if we're talking about a driver and not a museum piece, slap on Fuel injection, and anti-lock disc brakes, etc...
Same goes for relieved ejection ports, Mag tunnel beveling/funnels, match barrels, improved sights, extra checkering...
If you believe it helps, and like it, Go for it.
In Early Bronco lingo, we call this "resto-fication." If something breaks, replace it with something bigger and stronger.

That's why I like the 1911. A Classic beauty as is, or the greatest modified pistol you can throw money at.

I don't think I'll ever use two 1911's as a cable brake down an elevator shaft though... unless I was getting shot at? Naaw, SHOOT BACK!

·
Administrator
73,398 Posts
I've liked them ever since watching Starsky & Hutch as a little kid. Growing up on old 1940's war movies did the trick as well. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts