1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is it that whenever I read a thread on this board about poor customer service from Kimber, there is no mention of any involvement of the dealer who sold the pistol?
Don't you guys talk to the dealer?
He should certainly be involved and if he is unwilling, you had better find another gunshop.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Are you saying the dealer should share in the blame for a faulty pistol? or help you send and recieve the gun? :confused:

Blaming the dealer for a faulty pistol is like blaming your waiter when the food is bad. The waiter didn't cook the food and dealers don't mfg guns.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not blaming anyone.
A real gun dealer should be there to service his customer.
A real gun dealer will have built up a relationship with the manufacturer that you will never be able to duplicate.
A real gun dealer wants to make sure that his customer is happy with whatever product he sold.
It's true that he didn't make the product, but he should share in the responsibility for making his customer happy and that sometimes requires running interference with the service department of the manufacturer.
Of course, if you bought it online to save a few bucks, you're on your own.

·
Registered
253 Posts
A real gun dealer should be there to service his customer

I think this is the reason you don't hear more about dealers in posts. You just don't see many dealers that care beyond the point of sale. The one I buy from does and that's why he's successful.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
A real dealer should care, and should give fine service, and should help you out...
But HE CAN'T.
If I've got a busted Kimber (or anything else) that I want fixed under warranty, my dealer can't do it, and it don't cost me anything to box it up and take it over to UPS and send it back, why even waste his/her time? There's often a thin line between "customer" and "pest" and there's more than a few times "bad customer service" is in actuality "pest control".

·
Administrator
75,185 Posts
I never look at my customers as "pests". However I really get annoyed when they refuse to see things from the merchant's point of view. As much as I value customers, the idea behind a business is to make money. When a customer expects a discount down to pennies above cost or expects service labor for free he/she obviously couldn't care less if the store even turns a profit or not. I will do such things for a repeat long-time customer, but certainly not for an off-the-street joe whose only loyalty is to whoever is having a clearance sale.

Getting back to the subject at hand, if a dealer can't do anything to handle your complaints without having to spend money out of his pocket to ship it or fix it for you, then you're either going to have to accept higher prices at retail to cover, or else watch him eventually go out of business.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts