1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
If you want a military forum, find one (there are dozens) or buy/create one. If you needed one it would have been issued. This is for 1911s, that's its name and the CO already ruled. You are dismissed, pick a door. This Retired Senior Chief supports the skipper.
I get it! You don't need to be rude! I was expressing my 1A rights on a suggestion. You don't need to cut my head off.

·
Premium Member
20,345 Posts
Guess it is kinda funny we have an LEO forum when there are probably 100 times more veterans. Never thought about that. I still think we should stick to the 1911 goal.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
By that concept the LEO section should be removed, there isn't much in it related to 1911s.
He has a valid point. How is it that LEO is seen as 1911 related but a Vet/Military section would not?

Whom does it hurt to add this section? Just because it is there does not mean you have to read the content.

·
Registered
174 Posts
If you want a military forum, find one (there are dozens) or buy/create one. If you needed one it would have been issued. This is for 1911s, that's its name and the CO already ruled. You are dismissed, pick a door. This Retired Senior Chief supports the skipper.
I can not believe these words came from a Texan no less. I have posted a few times relative to Browning arms in Combat and to have a separate section for vet talk wouldn't take away from the forums over all theme, might even enhance it. I would rather hit one good forum than looking at my bookmarks for one to ask a question or to help a fellow vet. Sorry for the rant, but think about it. BTW I probably shot a firearm more in one day at bad guys than the LEOs did in their whole career. And trust me I have many good friends still on the job so its not about the LEO section.

·
Banned
346 Posts
He has a valid point. How is it that LEO is seen as 1911 related but a Vet/Military section would not?

Whom does it hurt to add this section? Just because it is there does not mean you have to read the content.
Maintenance. And what does it hurt not to have one? It doesnt. Well i guess some people get butt hurt but man i really dont see the need.

·
Premium Member
3,012 Posts
Sorry I ruffled feathers, I did not intend to offend. From my view point, the students were arguing with the teacher. Sorry for the ill feelings, please forgive.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Sorry I ruffled feathers, I did not intend to offend. From my view point, the students were arguing with the teacher. Sorry for the ill feelings, please forgive.
Your forgiven Senior Chief! Things have been crazy on the forum lately.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I'm LEO and I'd like to see either an LEO/Mil forum or both an LEO and Mil forum.

The 1911 is a firearm that is dear to both military and law enforcement. There are veterans alive today who used the 1911 in the most dire of circumstances. If law enforcement has a place to discuss "shop", then I would expect that the members of our military forces, who I deeply respect and admire, would have a similar place. I am thankful to be able to see all the historic photos and stories from veterans in other forums and I think, particularly in the 1911 forum, that stories, pictures, and discussions from veterans in a subject-specific forum would benefit the overall education and learning here.

·
Administrator
73,026 Posts
There is a problem with the LEO Sub Forum! The Military members are not allowed to post or comment on the LE Sub forum. Some of the Forum members are very hostile towards other people who are not LE but have significant experience in similar matters. So when a Military member does post, they get bullied embarrassed and disrespected.

I personally think it is disgusting how some of the LE forum members treat others on the 1911 forum site! They think they are exclusive. Truth is, they are the most rude on the forum in general.

This site has a lot of Active Duty and Retired Military with a vast amount of knowledge in 1911's, small arms, training and tactics with real world experience that get so disrespected because they just want to help other members and work together in solving real world issues with the 1911 and other high topic issues.
It works both ways. We seem to have attracted a lot of cop bashers on here lately, causing the LEO sub-forum to be one of the bigger headaches for the moderators in the past year. I know a lot of LEOs on here have gotten pretty defensive in light of the high-profile incidences in the news lately, what with all the anti-cop attitudes not just from the general public but from gun owners who should normally be on the same side as the police. As a result we're a bit reluctant at the moment to create a combined LE/military sub-forum until we can figure out a way to get a handle on all the negativity there. One other minor issue is keeping military talk separate from discussion of GI 1911s themselves which currently belongs in the dedicated USGI sub-forum.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Thanks for the reply DSK!

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Army; 26.5 yrs., a MIL forum would be nice! Trained with and fired my first 1911 when I became a WO.

·
Registered
27,699 Posts
It works both ways. We seem to have attracted a lot of cop bashers on here lately, causing the LEO sub-forum to be one of the bigger headaches for the moderators in the past year. I know a lot of LEOs on here have gotten pretty defensive in light of the high-profile incidences in the news lately, what with all the anti-cop attitudes not just from the general public but from gun owners who should normally be on the same side as the police. As a result we're a bit reluctant at the moment to create a combined LE/military sub-forum until we can figure out a way to get a handle on all the negativity there. One other minor issue is keeping military talk separate from discussion of GI 1911s themselves which currently belongs in the dedicated USGI sub-forum.
Why would any American support illegality that is verified by video?

·
Administrator
18,598 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,345 Posts
I'm guessing he's talking about the recent videos of excessive force. But I do agree that if Military doesn't fit this format neither should Police. And I was both.

·
Administrator
73,026 Posts
A very small number of bad apples ends up causing some folks to hate/distrust ALL cops. Kinda the same way we gun owners are viewed every time somebody goes nuts and shoots up a store or theater. Thanks for proving my point that we have some obvious cop haters on here which is why the LE sub-forum is so difficult to manage.

·
Premium Member
20,345 Posts
You are absolutely correct dsk, then when you add in how defensive many police are about their profession it quickly escalates into problems. I'd leave them both out, neither are germane to 1911's as this forum was meant to be.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Active USAF 91-04, 05-15 DoD Civilian...

I've never felt a need for a Vet specific thing on any forum. There's plenty of places to get stroked by other Vet's and parse out war stories. I'm harsh and crass about it, but I never felt special, or needed other vets to soothe my ego in some way, some private hang out. It's 1911s, that's it. For me.

I think it's retarded to have a political section that just invites heavy moderation and argument but that's what they want.

But there's a very strong point of the LEOs having a section.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.