1911Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is it I'm so addicted to the Colt 1911?
I've had a few irritations with Colt's over these several decades. Most recently I had an issue that really burnt my butt. Took it personal-like.
So why is it I'm drawn back to em' like a moth to a flame?
Seriously, It's kind of creepy.

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Some of the finest stock, and certainly custom, 1911's in the world AINT Colts. But show one of em to your average joe blow and you'll spend more time explaining that it's a great gun in spite of not being a Colt!

Bob

·
Administrator
74,057 Posts
The reason why I put up with Colt even during their dark years of terribly spotty quality control was because they were the only company still making what I liked, classic-pattern pistols with vertical cocking serrations and no fancy doo-dads. I did buy Mil-Spec Springfields on several occasions, but they just didn't do it for me and didn't last long in my possession. I also had several Kimbers over the years, but only I regret selling one of them. Colt is kinda like that girl you've loved all your life, she may have personality issues and even treat you like garbage sometimes, but you put up with her anyway because nobody else will do.

·
Registered
874 Posts
A NICE Colt is something special. By NICE I do not mean super fancy, or a gun with Front cocking serrations, full length guide rod, ambi safety, high rise grip safety, rail, night sights, extended thumb safety, extended slide release, extended mag release, and a magwell. I mean a nice reliable, clean, Colt.

·
Registered
12,295 Posts
Why, Oh Why?
Ah, this is simple. Just like the chorus of your thread title (Chi-Lites "Have You Seen Her), you're addicted to classics.:D. Don't sweat it though, because it's not like there's a switch to turn it on/off. It's just part of who you are. Oh, the part about having an issue that burns your arse - well, don't sweat that either, cause whatever the issue is, Team Colt will take care of it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
The reason why I put up with Colt even during their dark years of terribly spotty quality control was because they were the only company still making what I liked, classic-pattern pistols with vertical cocking serrations and no fancy doo-dads. I did buy Mil-Spec Springfields on several occasions, but they just didn't do it for me and didn't last long in my possession. I also had several Kimbers over the years, but only I regret selling one of them. Colt is kinda like that girl you've loved all your life, she may have personality issues and even treat you like garbage sometimes, but you put up with her anyway because nobody else will do.
We have a winner!

·
Registered
6,983 Posts
Why ?

Because it`s a Colt :D

·
Registered
953 Posts
A NICE Colt is something special. By NICE I do not mean super fancy, or a gun with Front cocking serrations, full length guide rod, ambi safety, high rise grip safety, rail, night sights, extended thumb safety, extended slide release, extended mag release, and a magwell. I mean a nice reliable, clean, Colt.
+1.

What other gun, when it shows honest holster wear and dings, is referred to as having "character"?

Yeah, I considered a Springfield and a SIG but bought more Ponies.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts