1911Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As a spin off of the fat guns in USPSA Limited 10 thread, I was wondering this. How many people are using fat guns in IDPA? Although it is probably viewed as gaming, I am shooting a STI 38 Super in ESP and a STI 45 in CDP. I am in the process of building a commander in 38 Super just to see if a single stack can beat a fat gun tac-reload time wise and overall in a match.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I shoot a Para 40 in IDPA/ESP and just load 10 rounds in the high cap mags. This is a common practice in Michigan. I have never heard a peep out of anyone about it.

I get called a gamer for some of the other stuff I do, however. They watch me closely and don't hesitate to question possible infractions.

·
Registered
7 Posts
As Scooter has noted Berreta, H&K, Taurus and Glock all make wide guns that compete in IDPA, Thats part of the fun. I had been shooting a 1911 and a Glock when the new gun bug bit
I was checking out a friends Berreta Elite II and thought, Gee this thing is as big as a Para. So I got a Para recently. If you have not seen the 2001 Para standard models check them out. They come with Novak like sights, slim extended safety and an extended beavertail grip safety all in a box stock pistol. By the way I came upon the screen name ESPGamerShark this way: On the IDPA list a fellow was lamenting the possibility that the IDPA BOD would take 10mm pistols out of CDP and put them in ESP class with the gamer sharks!!! So I immediately had a new screen name
I was Midvalleyshooter and still use that for club business.

Later,
Keith

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
I (finally) made master in CDP with my Para P13-45 Ltd. last year.

·
Registered
46 Posts
ESPGamerShark ????

Wow that's some name to take on, is that an effort at honesty or intimidation ????

OOPS !! hope I didn't hurt your feelings as I know how sensitive you are...

So are you going to give the new Para a test drive on the 24th ???? See if it's up what Eldon has planned for us....

Bring it down I'd like to check it out....

So now I don't just have Sam to chase I have you too......

see you there,

gr

[This message has been edited by kahana (edited 06-11-2001).]

·
Registered
65 Posts
Looks like I may have to dig out my old
P-14!
Eldon

------------------
"An armed society is a polite society"

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Kahana,
I found the new screen name amusing

I may not make the June 24 match as I am on call that weekend. Hope you shoot well

Hi Ranger,
That trusty old para should serve you well, no matter the calling.

Later,
Keith

1 - 11 of 11 Posts