1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I really like the look of some of the more tuned-downed SVI´s (pic´s below) but I dont like plastic, is there wide bodys made in something else?

If I´m reading the webbinfo right the frames are made in alloy, stainless steel or aircraft aluminum but that the actual grip is polymer.

I dont want the feel of plastic, is there a way out?

If not, is there any other manufacturer that I should look at?

Thanx

/Jack

(btw, how many 9mm / .40S&W / .45 apc rounds does their wide body accept?)

(edit; spelling)

·
Registered
983 Posts
Word out on the street (heh) is that SV is working on producing grip frames made from steel and titanium. Cost and ETA unknown, though.

Still, I bet that if you got your hands on one of these guns, much less shot one, you'd instantly forget there was any plastic in it. When I heft my SV it's the last thing I think of :p

·
Registered
381 Posts
I don't like plastic on my firearms either so when i bought an STI frame i did it with the intentions of building it up and selling it but i found i didn't mind the plastic grip frame, it does feel a bit "top heavy" with out a full mag in it but that hasn't affected my shooting any and since frames are hard to get in California i decided to keep it, i've also heard news of SVI coming out with a steel and alum. grip frame and if they do and it will interchange STI i'll buy one, if you find you really don't like the feel of the plastic you could put some skateborad grip tape on it mabey.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts