1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The night before the burial of her husband's body, Katherine Cathey refused to leave the casket, asking to sleep next to his body for the last time The Marines made a bed for her, tucking in the sheets below the flag. Before she fell asleep, she opened her laptop computer and played songs that reminded her of 'Cat,' and one of the Marines asked if she wanted them to continue standing watch as she slept. 'I think it would be kind of nice if you kept doing it,' she said. 'I think that's what he would have wanted'

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
God loves Marines...

He has another to stand watch with Him....

:bawling::bawling::bawling:
Kur
:bawling:

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
There is just no words to describe the pain and emptiness brought about by the loss of a spouse or child.
My heart aches for her. I pray she will find peace and be able to go on with her life as her husband would desire.

The marines take care of their own. How admirable.

Regards,
Jerry

·
Premium Member
7,725 Posts
True Love Never Dies, Even when a Vet Dies another Vet Stands Up to Stand his or her Watch.........
God Speed for that Lady in her hours of need and into the Future.......

Clyde

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Saw this before .... but it is like visiting THE WALL in D.C. ... I can't do it w/o choking up. This does the same to me. I was Navy but worked with Marines in VN around Chu Lai and Danang in mid 60's, and after in civilian life. Always told my Marine buddies, 'I always wanted to be a Marine but kept passing the test'. A retired USMC Col and good hunting buddy replied, 'If you had just failed once you could have been with the best!' Ignoring the failure, he was right. I am priviledged to have Marine buddies. From a swabbie, with respect, SIMPER FI and Thank You!

·
Registered
7,703 Posts
:bawling:

I am at a loss for words

·
Premium Member
8,055 Posts
That tears at my heart. That will stay with me forever. I dont know what to say that the picture does not. Sad. :(

·
Registered
705 Posts
God bless them both and give her the strength to carry on.

·
Premium Member
3,283 Posts
I share her broken heart on some slight level, as I'm capable of it. If I lost my beloved wife I don't know how I could go on.

·
Banned
4,761 Posts
If that doesn't make your eyes tear up....you don't have a soul.:( SEMPER FI

·
Registered
27,694 Posts
I think that photo has been around the internet for quite awhile. Maybe over a year.

It is quite touching however.

·
Registered
8,190 Posts
Damn. Yeah, that tears at ya. Respect to the Marines who stood watch and supported her.

·
Registered
7,703 Posts
I think that photo has been around the internet for quite awhile. Maybe over a year.

It is quite touching however.
Yep it has been but it does not matter I get tears in my eyes every time I see it

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
I only wish we gave these young men and their families the respect they deserve while they are still with us. I cannot imagine that kina of sacrifice and dedication. God Bless

·
Registered
4,679 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
"If the Army and the Navy
Ever look on Heaven's scenes,
They will find the streets are guarded
By United States Marines."

No disrespect to anyone in uniform, but the final verse of the Marine Corps hymn seems to fit that photo perfectly.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts