1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hesitate to post this picture because obviously she's doing several things wrong.

But those of you who are married understand that wives want to do things their way first, and resist being told what to do and how to do it by their husbands.

She's shooting some non+P ammo, but it was still pretty hot in the J frame snub.

Since this session she's standing, gripping, and shooting MUCH better. But she had no fear of anything we shot that day...NONE.

(added at CT laser grip to her M36 snub and she now lives in COM land)

·
Registered
8,190 Posts
Yep, sometimes you just gotta let em try it their way first (as long as it's safe). Only then will they start to take suggestions. The important thing is she went there, did it, and was up to shooting anything. Good that she was interested and enjoyed it enough to start learning and improving. Good for you.

·
Premium Member
5,753 Posts
Regardless of what she is doing wrong, she is doing one thing very right, she is out there doing it.

We need to get more women involved in the shooting sports.

·
Premium Member
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, sometimes you just gotta let em try it their way first (as long as it's safe). Only then will they start to take suggestions. The important thing is she went there, did it, and was up to shooting anything. Good that she was interested and enjoyed it enough to start learning and improving. Good for you.
Although she resists getting her CHL and carrying, she is very intentional about home defense.

I pity the fool that threatens her or her daughter while she's at home and has access to the snub upstairs or the high capacity Sigma downstairs.

With the lasers she shoots them both accurately and confidently now.

Yes, even the Sigma (post-trigger work):eek:

·
Registered
366 Posts
At least she is out shooting. I have to drag mine out but she has fun when we go, even is she does do a few things wrong sometimes. I hope your wife continues to go with you shooting with you. :)

·
Premium Member
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
At least she is out shooting. I have to drag mine out but she has fun when we go, even is she does do a few things wrong sometimes. I hope your wife continues to go with you shooting with you. :)
It seems to matter that I refer to them now as "her guns", as in, "Let's go to the range so you can practice with your guns".

Kind of like tools. She has her own tool bag and tools and prides herself on using them.

I bought her a cheap cordless drill from Harbor Freight, and she refused to use it. She only wanted to use "her Makita" which had been "ours" til then.

Now it's HER Makita. I use the cheap one. :D

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
It seems to matter that I refer to them now as "her guns", as in, "Let's go to the range so you can practice with your guns".

Kind of like tools. She has her own tool bag and tools and prides herself on using them.

I bought her a cheap cordless drill from Harbor Freight, and she refused to use it. She only wanted to use "her Makita" which had been "ours" til then.

Now it's HER Makita. I use the cheap one. :D
:biglaugh:

I know exactly what you mean. Somehow several of my handguns are now my wife's too. "My Beretta, my Hi Power, etc."

Looks like your wife is coming along nicely. Good work.

ETA

The NRA has a program called "Women on Target" that is a basic handgun course taught by women and for women only.
It consists of both classroom and range time and lasts about a full day.
My wife took one and not only enjoyed it but learned good fundamentals too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts