1911Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a Wild Bill IWB holster 8 almost 9 weeks ago. I've started to get a little anxiouse as to when I'm going to get it. Especially since I'm going to NTC for a month, and won't be able to be here to recieve it. But everytime I call it's the same thing. "Don't worry I'm sure it's being processed and will arrive to you shortly." No real help. I mean they make great holsters but their cs needs a bit of a fine tunning. And now I can't even find their web page! Let me know what you think. Thanks to all.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Shane! I've been looking for this page for ever! There is no doubt in my mind as to the quality of Bills holsters. That's why I bought one. It just annoys me that they can never answer any of my impationt questions to calm me down. HEHE.
But thanks for the site and the re-assurance of the quality that bill and his minions make. HEHE.

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
It took me darn close to six months to get mine! Well worth the wait - you're sure to love it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ordered the Extreme Heat IWB holster and a belt for my Glock 27 about 2 weeks ago from his site. This is the first time I have tried one of Wild Bill's holsters.

Do they acknowledge orders from their site?

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
Originally posted by TimW:

Do they acknowledge orders from their site?
Not sure, but they're pleasant enough on the phone if you want to call them

·
Registered
637 Posts
I think he makes them in batches. I don't know if it's one model at a time or a few models, but when I ordered a J-frame Covert Carry today at the show he said that they should be doing some in a week or two.

Or something like that. I wasn't really listening because I have one already and can wait until the new one shows up in the mail.

The new one will be straight drop, cut to fit a 2" bbl. and have a leather filler stitched in the top of the belt clip so it snugs down on a 1-1/4" belt and rides just a bit higher(He doesn't manufacture the clips and they fit up to 1-3/4".) The regular clip works well on a 1-1/4" belt, but I asked about the 1-1/4" and he suggested the filler so I thought I'd try it.

He's always been very friendly and helpful.

I wonder when my holster will get here?

John

·
Registered
560 Posts
I placed orders from Bill two times and both times they came in at 8 to 10 weeks as stated in they website, call Bill or e-mail him,He is a very pleasant fellow,and there is no customer service , you talk to Bill. It was worth waiting.
I mailed one order with a check after talking to Bill on the phone , I sent him an email to make sure he got it and he replied with an order number that will be stamped on your holster.

[This message has been edited by CMC (edited 05-21-2001).]

·
Registered
285 Posts
All I can say is they look good enough in the adds .

·
Registered
90 Posts
I happen to live just eight miles from Bill and have purchased several of his excellent holsters. Be patient. He makes every holster by hand and you will be pleased with yours. Since I live so close, I occasionally drop by his shop to see what he's working on. You can't do that with most custom holster makers. I had him make me a holster, belt and mag carrier out of stingray skin. It's beautiful and everyone asks where I got it. He has become quite busy as more and more shooters become familiar with his work. Most of his customers get more than one or two of his products.

Chief

------------------
Chief

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ordered from Bill because from the info that I've gathered I found his work to be top tier. The only reason I'm being so unpatient is because I'm carrying my gun in a piece of ____ holster because I can't afford to buy 2 quality holsters for every one gun. I coulde go down to my local gun store and by a galco or something but my WB holster is on it's way. Plus I'm an E4 in the army w/2 kids anfd a wife I don't make enough to buy a holster to use for 8 weeks till my WB gets here.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I ordered a package deal from him several years ago. A belt slide holster, mag pouch and belt. Wasn't too happy with the holster. Mostly because, I don't like to angle my gun to re-holster and it was not held open enough for one handed holstering any other way. The top was too flimsy and would partially close.
I'm sure part of the problem was the type of holster, too.
However, his belt and mag pouch was top notch. Have ordered other mag pouches from him since. I think he makes some of the best.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I think he does great work and in fact, I am going to order two new holsters from him today!

------------------
Simian

NRA Life Member

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Jhon, what style holster did you get? I got the summer heat for my Kimber CDP. If he does make them in batches maybe mine will finally get here!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts