1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2" Wilderness belt and it works great. I got the double sewn, very stiff and supportive. I got a Side Armor Holster and Magazine Carrier. This is a good rig. If you haven't had the ability to try one I suggest it highly. Seeing how it's fairly new maybe someone knows something I don't please feel free to let me know.

·
Registered
660 Posts
You got a 2" Wilderness? I thought they only made 1.5" and 1.75" belts. I have the 5 stitch 1.75" belt. Carries my Kimber with 2 spare mags, cell phone, etc. with NO problems!!

I have been wearing a Wilderness belt everyday for over a year now. Needless to say, I am a dedicated customer from now on! If you get a chance, go out to Pheonix and visit them. A real good bunch of guys and gals. The owner, Ralph Holzaus is quite the expert on nylon and its uses. Also a fine gentleman as well!

Good job on your new belt!

[This message has been edited by mcgrubbs (edited 10-07-2001).]

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My mistake 1.75, I'll give you the bullet and meet as dawn in the east courtyard, lol.

·
In Memoriam
683 Posts
I've owned a Wilderness "Combat Issue" Instructor's belt since 1994, and wore it regularly until 1999. I can't speak highly enough about the quality of this belt. It is still in great shape, and What I didn't like, though was how stiff it is, with its polymer insert between the layers of nylon. While it carried weapon, spare mags, cuffs, radio and anything else I could find room for, it just wasn't comfortable to wear for extended periods of time.

In '99, I finally started wearing GI issue BDU trousers belts. They're a lot lighter, softer, and thinner, but they're also more comfortable, and less than $10.00 apiece.

If I'd just bought the standard Instructor's belt (the 5-stitch model wasn't available at the time) I would probably still be using it.
I can't really recommend the "Combat Issue" Instructor's Belt, because of the stiff polymer insert, but I don't think you can go wrong with either the standard or the 5-stitch versions.

------------------
Roger Shambaugh
Ottawa, Kansas

1 - 4 of 4 Posts