1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of course the awnser is always both !

Bought a second and made changes to the first and sent for hard chrome.

Hard Chrome by Metaloy.

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
WOW. That hard chrome is incredible. Where did you source those grips?
Yes it is. My question as well.

I like the stock version. But, the two member bnaples put together are to die for.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Mine was a LW Commander, but I need a few changes (night sights, trigger, thumb safety, and nicer BTGS, as well as some grips)

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I'm usually not a fan of silver guns but that's a good looking pistol. Nice choice of grips also. They work very well together. Congrats! !!!!

Thanks for the kind words Raylan. ....and glad to see you over on the "other" forum these days too.

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
I'm usually not a fan of silver guns but that's a good looking pistol. Nice choice of grips also. They work very well together. Congrats! !!!!

Thanks for the kind words Raylan. ....and glad to see you over on the "other" forum these days too.
You're welcome. Thanks. Good atmosphere over there as well.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
I love everything about the hard chrome except that ambi safety, thats still a sweet gun though. Hard chrome is awesome.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I'm picking mine up tues or weds. I already have a wilson thumb safety, slide stop, sear, disco, and S&A grip safety coming for it. So I say customize as much as you like! Looks great btw wiht the hard chrome. I'm looking forward to wearing the crap out of the blued finish on mine.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm picking mine up tues or weds. I already have a wilson thumb safety, slide stop, sear, disco, and S&A grip safety coming for it. So I say customize as much as you like! Looks great btw wiht the hard chrome. I'm looking forward to wearing the crap out of the blued finish on mine.

I used a Wilson bullet proof ambi safety (I'm a lefty)
Harrison ignition parts with TR sear
Fusion black three hole trigger
Dan Wesson tactical ledge rear sight with single amber tritium dot. Dawson green tritium front.
grips are from Altamont. I believe they are discontinued, but still on eBay.

I did everything myself except for the HC, and I had a extended ejector installed.

·
Banned
13,565 Posts
Damn Brother!!!!

That's enough to make me go buy a second WC and do the same. That gun looks fantastic!!!

·
Registered
12,241 Posts
Wow ~ Well Done! I'd imagine that a Hard Chrome line-up of Colt Wiley Clapp's would be a big hit, I know I'd want one. Yours is a spectacular example of just how appealing it is.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I bought my Clapp Gov't with an eye on customizing it. Of all the makes and models at this price level, the Clapp seems the one most worthy of putting extra dollars into. I would get a Sig or a Kimber polished and engraved right about the same time I get gold inlays on my Glock.

·
Registered
858 Posts
The only change I would make is to change the trigger to a short trigger. Other than that, I would leave it alone. Outwardly, it has everything I like.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts