1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in a .40 caliber Limited model. Does factory ammo work in this type of gun? My friend has an STI that will not feed factory ammo and he has to reload his ammo with a longer overall length to make it work. I do reload my own, but if I'm out of town for a match and need extra ammo I'd like to go to Walmart and buy off the shelf.

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
Yes, it will feed factory ammo. No manufacturer puts out a product designed for a specific caliber that will not accept factory ammo of that same caliber.

Your friends STI may have been "customized" a bit too much, if he can't use factory ammo.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Hello impact10,
I have a P-16 Ltd in stainless steel that I use for limited class competition. To this date I've shot CCI Blazer in all bullet weights, Federal American Eagle in all bullet weights, Wolf in their 180 gr bullet weight and numerous hand loads at different velocities using a 135 gr JHP bullet and I can say I've not had any problems. I don't think you will have any problems using factory ammo. I hope to have pictures of my limited class gun on my web site before long.
I might add all of this shooting is with a stock Para barrel.
Regards, Bob Hunter www.huntercustoms.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts