1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

Sorry if this has been covered before. I am looking into building my own 1911 Commander model in .45 ACP. I have gone over the Fusion web site and determined I would like the Plain Commander slide, Plain Commander frame with checkered front strap and a Match Barrel bushing set up. My questions are as follows:

1. Will Fusion "Fit" the slide, Frame and barrel together?
2. Can I get straight rear cocking serrations instead of angled?
3. Do you have regular Commander Hammers, and can I have it fit to the pistol
4. Can the Plunger tube etc. be fit or added?
5. Sights added?
6. Is "Engraving" Offered? ( I would like to have "CHIEF'S COMMANDER MODEL" :D added to the side of the slide. If so, are different fonts available?).

Well, I guess I am done with the questions now. Hey , its 10:50P now- I know I can call, but maybe someone else will benefit from these questions.

Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
If you are looking at getting a kit then yes the kit comes with the slide, frame, and barrel, and bushing all fitted. As far as the plunger tube goes I'm not sure. I would be willing to bet that yes they could do strait slide serrations. The sights shouldn't be a problem. As far as custom engraving, I don't think they offer that but I'm sure Bob will chime in and confirm/deny all of this.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
There is a kit that has the plunger tube installed also, and I'm sure they'd do the sights if you asked them.

As for #6. Bob told me it's possible to have something custom engraved but it's expensive because they have to send it off and the person has to make a custom (forgot the part name) just for that 1 pistol.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Kits can be ordered with just about anything done. Generally we fit the frame and slide, barrel to slide, and plunger tube and ejector.

Bob can go through with you what you want when you order.

Engraving can be done but as stated previously, it's more $$'s and more time as we send that out. Again, Bob can give you an idea on any particulars.

Thanks for asking!!

Dale.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts