1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it wouldn't fit in with the rest of the Kimber line, but I'd like to see a GI-style Kimber: matte finish, spur hammer, arched MSH, small sights, et cetera. I suppose that something like the Springfield Mil-Spec with a "normal" frontstrap contour, no integral lock and tighter fitting is what I want.

Does anyone else feel the same way?

Actually, what I'd really like to see is a factory pistol that's match-ready for CMP service pistol matches. That would just be a mil-spec Kimber with high profile, adjustable sights and a match trigger. Then shooters could buy it, sight it in, and start chasing leg points.

·
Administrator
73,795 Posts

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
If Colt's 1911a1 does well enough, Kimber might. It'd be a decent sized investment for them to tool up, and would probably run the same as their regular model if not more.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I own a Kimber Classic and I like their guns. IMHO they make the best pistols. I also own the new Colt 1911A1 WWII Reproduction. It is not of the same quality.

A Kimber might be mil-spec but it could never be authentic. The Kimber would probably be better made, shoot better, etc., but it wouldn't have the Colt heritage. The hardware is only part of the package. The same is true for Springfield's model.

The same holds true for Ruger when it comes to SAA. My Vaquero is superior to my Colt Nickel SAA in the area of design. The Colt is better finished. But what counts more for me is that it's an authentic SAA.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts