1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Mini-14 seems to allow 'out of battery' firing, at least when hand cycling the bolt, it will still allow resetting of the trigger, and then strking the internal firing pin with the bolt still approx 1/2" or more out of battery....

Any thoughts? (an any other Mini-14 users check to see if this is 'normal'? Seems like it would be dangerous to me, if an FRTB struck with 1/2" of case unsupported with the 5.56's pressures.....!)

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
call Ruger, tell them whats going on, don't ever admit using reloads, but usually Ruger will fix for free if its a part breakage or defect in their building the rifle, you just pay shipping, and all the crap to mail it.I had a Black Hawk
that was 9 years old, with a messed up trigger part and cylnder pawl that was made wrong from day one, all new parts and free. new cylinder too, you dont get old parts back.I wonder if Ruger is still that nice??

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
IIRC the Mini-14 design has a tab on the underside of the bolt that prevents the hammer from hitting the firing pin if the bolt is out of battery.

·
Registered
5,974 Posts
IIRC the Mini-14 design has a tab on the underside of the bolt that prevents the hammer from hitting the firing pin if the bolt is out of battery.
Good point, same as the M1 Garand and the M1A. But they are capable of slam fires under the right conditions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts