1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Springfield Mil Spec 1911 in 38 Super. I was looking at a 9mm barrel for it from Nowlin, but I know that there is a difference between clark/ Para and Nowlin ramped barrels. Does anyone know which work with the factory Springfield ramp cut? The barrel would help for cheap practice shooting.

Thanks

· Registered
152 Posts
You might want to try posting this in gunsmithing. And no it wont fit. Fully ramped barrels require modification of the frame in order for it to fit. Brownells offers a few non ramped barrels that will fit.
Storm Lake makes one, Brownells #842-000-002 $169.00. Kart makes one, Brownells #472-001-009 $185.00. The Storm Lake is more of a drop in than the Kart. Hope this helps.

· Registered
650 Posts
SA uses Nowlin ramps in their guns, but the frame DOES require modification.

The easiest method to use to determine kind of barrel ramp: look at the backside of the ramp. If the lug side is flat, it is a Nowlin. Curved, it is Para/Clark.

I am a fan of ramped barrels- no worrying about that frame ramp. My lightweight Al-framed SA had a ramp from the factory.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.