1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a Daniel Defense DDM4V5 and wanna put a better trigger in it ive read good things about the wilson combat triggers does anyone know if itll fit im mostly worried about the trigger pins

·
Banned
12,388 Posts
Go to the Wilson Combat web site here and scroll down to the bottom where they tell you what the TTU fire control unit fits and what it doesn't.
Bottom line: Yes, DD and WC both use .154" hammer & trigger pins.

But for the same money or less you can get a Geissele (or even a Jewel) which (in the opinion of one or two of us here) are just about the best you can get.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've heard good things about the WC trigger, but I've heard great things about Geissele.

Then I got a Geissele and understood what everyone was talking about. Just got my second a few weeks ago too. I ca't recommend them enough!

Check out the following youtube video. They describe the different triggers and choosing what's best for you. There is a Trigger Summary pdf on their website as well, but it appears to be down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypb5HXdDJhc

·
Registered
307 Posts
Yes. It will work. I replace my stock trigger with a 2 stage TTU. Took me all of 15 minutes. It's a nice trigger, too.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've only fired one Geissele trigger and it's the one in my AR (Hi-Speed National Match DMR). I've fired a lot of guns and without a doubt, Geissele is in the highest tier of the upper most echelon of everything that is the bestest.

The barrel and trigger are the two most critical parts you can upgrade which will have a direct impact on accuracy. WC makes great stuff, but IMHO buy a trigger from someone who specializes in triggers. Bill Geissele is supposedly a competitive shooter himself. Who better to design and manufacture a trigger?

On another note. I think Colt is the only manufacturer that uses a different pin set and I don't think that is in every case.

·
Registered
685 Posts
But for the same money or less you can get a Geissele (or even a Jewel) which (in the opinion of one or two of us here) are just about the best you can get.
I share that opinion. Geissele is the best on the market.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts