1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a couple of the Wilson 10 Rd mags thinking they'll work with my Springfield Loaded 1911. But when I tried to insert them they won't lock. It turn out there is a stoppers on the front of the mag that prevents the mag catch to engage the notch on the mag. It seems like the mags would work with officiers and not full size frames.
Does Wilson sell another 10rd mag or is there some way to remove the stopper?

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Golgo13, I've got 3 S/A "loaded" models, one in each finish, and all steel by the way, and I have 25+ Wilson 10 rounders and they all function perfectly. Your problem may be with the magazines or the magazine catch on your weapon. Take all to a gunsmith and have him check it out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does your 10 rrd magazine have this metal stopper infront of it about 3/4 of the way down from the lip? It looks like the stopper is to prevent overinsertion into a officer frame. I guess I'll need to take out the dremel or at this point maybe just sell it to someone with an officer size 1911 for $25 ...per mag. and stay with the 8 rounders.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Golgo13, yes it does have the metal piece, it sits near where round 9 would be sitting and it's to prevent over insertion into the gun. I would say to you, call Wilson, http://www.wilsoncombat.com and talk with them, get a RMA and have them replace it with a magazine that will work in your gun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts