1911Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered 2 of the above spring and follower kits from Wilson Combat. I used them in the Kimber brand mags that fit the Ultra II. I noticed that while I did not get any FTF or jamming problems like I had with the Kimber springs and followers, now I get a FTRTB, or the slide not chambering the first round when the slide is released. Could it be that there is too much tension on the spring with a full 7 rounds in the mag? In other words, is the spring too long in this kit for the compact 7 round mags and is putting too much pressure on the first round to be chambered? I don't have this problem with only 6 rounds in the mag. And YES, they are 7 round mags.

Jess

·
Registered
142 Posts
Jess

I used the exact same spring and follower in my 7 round kimber mag and generic clone mag. I noticed that the wilson's spring tension wasn't as strong as the one in my Kimber mag. Whenever I would chamber that first round in my Stainless Compact, I noticed a little momentary hangup as the round made it's way up the feed ramp and into the chamber. It seemed as though the round was nose diving as it was being fed from the magazine. I decided to leave well enough alone and put the original spring and follower back in my Kimber mag and bought second Kimber mag as a secondary magazine. Come to think of it, I did have the exact same problem as you did using the wilson parts. The round nosed dived back into the mag and caused a FTF. I hope this helps.

Robert

1 - 2 of 2 Posts