1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone knows where to get them? Brownell's used to sell them, but I don't see it in their catalog anymore. Wilson catalog doesn't list it either. I want to replace the ones on my Mecgar. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Have you CALLED Wilson? I'd be really surprised if they couldn't take care of you, regardless of what their catalog says.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fremont said:
Have you CALLED Wilson? I'd be really surprised if they couldn't take care of you, regardless of what their catalog says.
' haven't tried that, thanks! :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
It is also possible to use Wilson 45 followers (either 7 or 8 round) after filing the notches in the sides. I converted my 10 round Wilson 38 Super mags to 9 rounds by installing the modified 7 round followers.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I got some from Wilson but they didn't want to give them to me since they have an exclusive deal with Brownells to sell their mags. The problem is, as I explained it to them, Who is responsible for warranty work on the mags. They saw my point and sent me 3 followers. I would love to find some round metal followers to replace all of them, I've had 5 break so far. I wonder if the metalform followers would work.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JoeMc said:
I would love to find some round metal followers to replace all of them, I've had 5 break so far. I wonder if the metalform followers would work.
:eek: Never thought of it breaking, what caused it to break? Just normal use?
I want a metal one now, thanks for sharing your experience! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts