1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking a getting the WC 47DC to carry in my PRO CDP.

I figured the 47D would stick out of the grip too much.....I should have went with a Compact CDP for a CCW instead of a Pro, so I really don't want to make it any longer.

Opinions?

·
Premium Member
20,304 Posts
They still stick out a bit. They're fine magazines, but for a flush fit, I prefer Metalforms.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Only magazines that I would even think about considering are the Wilsons. Extremely high quality and terrific customer support. I change my mag springs and followers once a year as a preventative measure.

Mike

·
Registered
172 Posts
when I ordered my Pro CDP from Sporting Arms, I also ordered a Wilson 47D.. I was slightly surprised when I unpacked it, and it was all black, with a thin base pad.. it doesn't extend much at all.. I wish my other 47Ds were the same

if you shop around, I'm sure you can find these at other places, too.. altho the Sporting Arms price was pretty good.. I think I paid $24.. shipping was 'free' since it was being shipped with my gun

·
Registered
147 Posts
The'ye awesome mags...well worth the money. And the bit that sticks out is very minor...I don't mind it. Niether does my wife. And she's much more picky than I. :D

My .02

·
Registered
653 Posts
Due to colossal brain fart, I forgot to mention that you can order the Wilson mags with a low profile (thin) base pad at (I believe!) no additional charge. With the low profile base pad the stick-out factor is not only negligible, it literally blends into the grip. You don't even notice it sticking out until you do a tactical reload and seat the mag hard, and then you're glad for the extra stick-out factor. These are great mags!

Mike

·
Registered
533 Posts
Nothing But 47Ds

I have three for My Kimber, Three for my Ser 80, and Three for my Commander.
I have heard good things about the CMC Powermags as well
My Buddy has tried them all and always comes back to WC 47Ds

1 - 8 of 8 Posts