1911Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody have a picture of how the wilson combat 47DOX magazines look on a kimber ultra carry II?
its a 8 rounder and i was considering to buy it or just buy the 7rounder from WC. Just wanted to see how far it stuck out and all.

thanks
tuan

· Registered
220 Posts
You are welcome!

The only danger for the 47DOX would be the possibility of over-insertion during a fast mag change. I had to look at the WC website to see those.
Personally, I got 4 of the 47OX's. I would want them to all be the same for training, compatability, consistancy, and reducing complexity.

Just my opinion....

Jamie

· Registered
1,230 Posts
I use a 47OX in the gun to keep it small and concealable but have the 47DOX for reloads. I figure the cat is out of the bag that your carrying by the time you reload. Wilson extends the base pad up the front on the 47DOX to keep you from over inserting the mag. You would have to worry if you used a standard 47D that didn't have the special base pad. If you already have some 47D mags you can just change the base pad to make them 47DOX. Here is a picture for you showing the difference.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.