1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wilson 8 rounds mag in a TRS?

Is it recommanded to purchase 8 rounds magazines for a TRP? If so will the mag stick out? Jams? Or is it best to stick to 7 rounds mag.

·
Administrator
10,873 Posts
8 rd Wilson Rogers magazines are the same length as 7 rd WR mags; the difference is the follower. My TRS has been completely reliable with 8 rd Wilson mags.

TB., NC

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ditto re: Tim Burke. Have used Wilson (8) round mags in my TR Special and Baer PII, LW2 with perfect results. (1900) rounds through them. The Baer mags protrude too far below the frame for concielment purposes, in my opinion. Tha Wilson's with the shorter steel bottom plug are my choice. I'd swear the Wilson mags are made by the same company as Baer's.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Originally posted by martyu:
I'd swear the Wilson mags are made by the same company as Baer's.
My thought also. From external observation it appaers the only difference between the Wilson and Baer magazines is the Wilson has the open ID slats on the side where the Baer is solid sheet metal.

I have always (assumed) Wilson manufactured their own magazine brand (The Wilson Rogers). I never considered that they subcontracted (outsourced). Then I bought my TRS (my first Baer) and immediately saw the magazine similarity.

Jim at Les Baer Custom: (or anyone that truly knows) Who does manufacture Les Baer magazines? In-house or subcontractor?

·
Registered
383 Posts
I've never had any problem with a Wilson mag, you can get slim line base plates from Wilson for concealment. The .350" baseplates are the standard issue. The Metalform mags I feceived with my PII 38 super, I made the mistake of ordering 5 extra, are in my opinion junk. They don't lock back half the time, are very cheap and rattly and have already been replaced by some Wilson mags, which functioned flawlessly right out of the box without the proper break in, even though I've only had my gun a week and a half.

------------------
The only sure things in life:
1. Water is wet
2. The sky is blue
3. Women have secrets

[This message has been edited by fireslayer23 (edited 07-07-2001).]

[This message has been edited by fireslayer23 (edited 07-07-2001).]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts