Has anyone used a Wilson "Adjuster" ?

·
Registered
438 Posts
wilinaz said:
Has anyone used a Wilson "Adjuster" ?
Yes. I own one with Shark-skin. It's nice, but not as nice as
my Tucker nor my Kramer.

The holster is made by Safariland. Front and back are kydex.

This is a laminate holster. It is faster than 100% leather
holster but is also not as attractive.

I find kydex holsters to be hideous. Ajduster is just as fast
as a good kydex holster.

The adjuster is a good compromise, but for the same price, you
can get a really nice top, custom-quality holster from
Tucker, Alessi, Sparks or Kramer.

I can draw and shoot from an adjuster in .5 seconds.
I can draw and shoot from a Tucker HF-1 in .75 seconds. The
BG will not care about the .25 second difference. :D

thanks

Jae

·
Super Moderator
13,726 Posts
What Saab said.

If you want to save a little, get the Safariland 560, same holster but doesn't have the sharkskin lamination, uses synthetic instead.

What purpose will you use this holster? It's a huge holster and doesn't conceal well, you need to use a really big concealment garment.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was considering wether i twould be any faster and/or better to use in IDPA than the Uncle Mikes Kydex taht I am currently using.

·
Super Moderator
13,726 Posts
Ok, here's the deal. Currently the Wilson Adjuster and its Safariland 560/561 clones are legal for IDPA. The holster rules are frozen until HQ can hash out a new list of approved holsters. The way I understood it is their intention is to NOT approve any holsters that has the ability to adjust the cant to make the muzzle point forward. With the belt loop attachment the Adjuster/560 series can be made to hold the muzzle forward cant. So until the new list of approved holster comes out, it may be wise to hold off the purchase or choose a rig that has fixed cant, either vertical or muzzle to the rear.
For IDPA you can't beat the Heinie/Alessi DOJ and the Rusty Sherrick Rangemaster rigs. They're leather but they are as fast as any kydex rigs out there. And they're classier.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts