1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a similar topic in holsters/accessories but thought somebody over here might have worked with Wilson Combat barrels before so I'm trying here also. I was checking out GrandmasterB's post on the Wilson magwell and found this in the "blowout" section of the Wilson Combat website:
http://www.wilsoncombat.com/blowout.asp

OS47 WC 40 S&W Match barrels, supported chamber, heavy barrel 5"

It was $85, which seems a pretty good price. I just thought I'd check here and see if anyone knew if "heavy" = "bull" barrel. That's what I'm needing so I'm hoping this will work. There's no picture so I wasn't sure.

Also, are Wilson Combat barrels even any good. I was planning on using a Bar-Sto or maybe one from EGW, but for half the $ I was thinking about getting this one. Thanks.

[This message has been edited by hhsmiley (edited 08-15-2001).]

·
Registered
21,978 Posts
"Heavy" probably means the same as "bull" in the 1911 context. Call them up and ask a human. The key is whether or not it takes a bushing. Probably not, I do not know how or why you could or would make a much heavier than GI bushing barrel. I have a couple of Wilson .45 barrels. They are ok and $85 is a very good price. Are you set up to fit it or know where to have it done? That will be a sizeable job and/or substantial expense.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I called, and it is exactly what I need. That's a great price so I went ahead and ordered one.

I'm going to have it installed by a gunsmith here in my area. As far as complexity and expense, it should be about the same as fitting a standard barrel. My frame is already milled for the ramp, and if anything fitting the bull barrel is easier since there is one less part to mess with (bushing).

[This message has been edited by hhsmiley (edited 08-15-2001).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts