1911Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
Are they still the mag of choice for Reliability?
Short answer: Yes.

Especially if you are shooting a Wilson. My 1911s seem to prefer Wilson mags, although others work ok, too.

I use their newest design ones w/ the flat wire springs for my duty weapons, as I like the lifetime guarantee. I hate their goofy, confusing magazine model numbers.

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
The CMC mags are now owned and made by Wilson Combat as well, as of late last year.
Are you aware of changes that have been made to them by Wilson?

·
Super Moderator
14,731 Posts
I haven't really followed what, if any, changes have occurred. I have not used CMC mags that I'm aware of, as mine have all been Checkmate, MecGar, and Wilson magazines for quite some time.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
They've added new products to the line-up, the Classic and Range Pro lines.

The downside seems to be fewer options for magazine parts. Whether they were actually different or not, you used to be able to buy the PowerMag spring (you know "Rocket Wire") and followers as well as the Shooting Star or rather the simple "Conversion Kits", but now they only show the Conversion Kits.

I've never used the PowerMag Plus followers, but they aren't shown on the website and I don't see replacement springs and followers for the RPM mags.

https://www.cmproducts.com/Magazines_c_11.html

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes! I have 6 Wilson mag's that we're continuously loaded for over 20 years. I'd shoot them and reload them before putting them away. Never a bobble! After 20 years I felt guilty and changed the springs and followers to the 8 round option. Still always loaded and still 100% dependable!

·
Registered
642 Posts
I have great luck with 47D 8 rounders, but must confess I rarely load 8. No feed issues when I do.
While probably not intended or apparent by you, this statement tells me you had just the opposite experience with the WC mags when used as they were designed - with 8 rounds.

Two of the worst mags I ever had were WC 10 round 45 mag(s) and an EB 7 rounder. Still have the Brown, but it is range use only.

I have many WC 45 mags in 45, and now some in 9mm. Mostly ETM’s but also a few 47D’s and even a few Vickers mags for when I get serious (kidding...)

21 - 26 of 26 Posts