1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just as a note, I am David, Robert is my dad. Anyways, I just got my Springfield Armory Mil-Spec back from the gunsmith. Had a trigger job and Wilson Combat ambi safety installed. A good trigger job compliments the 1911 so well. And the ambi safety is very convienent, especially for my wrong-handed brother. The gunsmith had a pretty hard time getting the ambi safety apart so he could do the trigger job, but I would still like to know if there is any chance that it will "shoot loose". Do I ever have to worry about that?

·
Registered
91 Posts
They will seperate a little but shouldn't come completely apart if fitted correctly. The tang under the grip prevents that.

·
Registered
22 Posts
David, if you shoot right handed, it will likely not work loose, but if you shoot left handed and ride the safety with your thumb, any safety will eventually work loose, even if it has an undergrip tang and even if it is correctly fitted so that the right side lever rests on the top of the right grip panel with the safety off. No plunger tube on the right side of the gun to reduce the stress on the dovetail connection, and this stress will eventually work them all loose.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts