1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
about to pull the trigger and buy my 1st Wilson Combat. My question is how do the Wilson CQC and CQC ELITE compare? Is there a $800 to 1k difference? Yes I'll looking at used ones!

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Welcome to the forum, you will get alot more feedback if you post this thread on the Wilson forum.

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Welcome to the forum, you will get alot more feedback if you post this thread on the Wilson forum.
+1

The value of the added features on the CQB Elite is totally based on the user/buyer's personal preferences.

If you like the upgrades, such as the serrated slide top, then it's worth it. If the upgrades don't do anything for you (and are nothing more than "bling") then they're not worth it.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
The Elite gets you a one piece magazine well and a serrated top and rear of slide. If you are building a gun, it's always cheaper to start with a CQB base. You can build an "Elite" for $135 less if you start with a plain CQB and add the options. It just won't say "Elite" on the slide.

·
Registered
284 Posts
The Elite gets you a one piece magazine well and a serrated top and rear of slide. If you are building a gun, it's always cheaper to start with a CQB base. You can build an "Elite" for $135 less if you start with a plain CQB and add the options. It just won't say "Elite" on the slide.
Specify "naked slide" and who will know the difference? :):):)

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Specify "naked slide" and who will know the difference? :):):)
Precisely. I think a few years back before all WC pistols went 100% Bulletproof, the Elite was a better value. The extra bulletproof parts were one of the bonuses before the change.

I bought a bone stock Elite a few weeks ago, but I did so because the dealer was offering a nice discount off the list price.

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
That's right. After they started using Bulletproof parts in all builds, it somewhat negates the price difference. Start with a CQB and go up.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
That's right. After they started using Bulletproof parts in all builds, it somewhat negates the price difference. Start with a CQB and go up.
Exactly

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
He said he was looking used. Not starting new with a CQB.

Plenty of both, used or nib, on the secondary market that will save you some money. Find one with the options you like and grab it. You get it right away. If you buy something and then send it back in for options your looking at 3 to 6 months. You buy new and wait for a build, I don't know where they are at now. Been seeing a year +/-.

Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts