1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have one yet or plan to get one? Opinions?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have one and often carry it on duty. It is sturdy and I like its smaller size. I got it at a good price and I'm not afraid to mar it up. I did some practice cuts with all parts of the blade and it worked just fine. It's a keeper.

·
Registered
374 Posts
They are a little cheaper from Brownells. I've had one for a while, but never got to where I liked carrying it. It's useful - I just don't like carrying it on my belt - there's enough junk there already and I have a knife in my pocket for cutting. I keep mine hanging on the spotlight handle in my car where it's easily accesible. - useful tool and over the years will probably earn it's keep:)

·
Registered
294 Posts
Be Careful...

That is a tool made by Ryan Wilson of Wilson Tactical... NOT Wilson Combat.

Just wanted to make the clarification.

·
Super Moderator
1,874 Posts
This is from a "user" point of view. I personally use and carry one and have for about 18 months. It rides behind the mag pouch on my duty gear. Sure is handy for quite a bit. Very few carry tool boxes in squads with all of the other "stuff" required.

As usual everyone will say something is too much to pay until what one needs does not meet the need. Had a few other copies, chip and bend and get tossed in the full time line of work. This time I got what I paid for. Just always remember discounts and cheap prices are for a reason and your undying gratitude has nothing to do with it. And yes, I took the LEO discount from the Wilson Tactical.

Yes, I spent a little extra for "bling" like the black coating and badge number on it. Definitely NOT needed by got to take care of one's bragging rights every now and then. :rock:

The tool held up in searching an 18 wheeler (twenty two of them at last count) from prying and cutting about 10 pallets of shrink wrap to opening the walls for hidden compartments. Cutting tie downs, to prying open nailed pallets. Plenty of scraping, and other uses.

Definitely something for those who want a tool to use not a tool for the "kewl" factor.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is from a "user" point of view. I personally use and carry one and have for about 18 months. It rides behind the mag pouch on my duty gear. Sure is handy for quite a bit. Very few carry tool boxes in squads with all of the other "stuff" required.

As usual everyone will say something is too much to pay until what one needs does not meet the need. Had a few other copies, chip and bend and get tossed in the full time line of work. This time I got what I paid for. Just always remember discounts and cheap prices are for a reason and your undying gratitude has nothing to do with it. And yes, I took the LEO discount from the Wilson Tactical.

Yes, I spent a little extra for "bling" like the black coating and badge number on it. Definitely NOT needed by got to take care of one's bragging rights every now and then. :rock:

The tool held up in searching an 18 wheeler (twenty two of them at last count) from prying and cutting about 10 pallets of shrink wrap to opening the walls for hidden compartments. Cutting tie downs, to prying open nailed pallets. Plenty of scraping, and other uses.

Definitely something for those who want a tool to use not a tool for the "kewl" factor.

Hope this helps.
Thats a great story. Glad it helped you.

I got mine in the mail a few days ago. I dont carry it yet. I just sit at home and play with it. :biglaugh: I do like it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts