1911Forum banner

Which 1911?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my beautiful 1911 Addicts! Been blessed with extra funds to play with! Tax Returns, Deployment Money etc. Already ordered my dream 1911 (Nighthawk Agent 2) and it will be finished by April! I’m looking at three others to knock off my list also and can only choose one more for the time being. Got to be somewhat financially smart ha ha. Wilson CQB built to my specs, GI NN built to my specs, or an ACW Prime. Would love to here the communities thoughts and what you’d choose! Eventually will get all three but the Agent 2 and one other is what I can do now. Thanks everyone! Whichever wins the poll takes the cake!

·
Registered
326 Posts
You are not making this easy! All three GTG and you shall find plenty of positive regarding all three. When I placed an order last month WC was 10-12 months out. GC has some in stock currently. Gunslingers has ACW.

·
Super Moderator
16,338 Posts
I agree with berh70 - those are ALL 3 great choices! If you have a problem with patience, I suggest the GI but only IF they have you spec in stock or a short lead time for one built to your spec; if no problem with patience the WC and Alchemy are extremely well built. One thing to consider: each of those companies build to a different "build philosophy. WC builds to "combat" philosophy, but they are extremely good guns; Alchemy does similar but to a more "classic" and "retro" look; while GI builds a fully functional and reliable gun that (from my understanding) a more "aesthetic" presentation. Don't get me wrong, they ALL function well, and have excellent customer service after the sale from what I have read and heard. I have shot a few Guncrafter guns, and they are really smooth (and look great), I have 9 Wilsons and they have all been flawless and are very smooth like the GI's, so my choice in the Wilson because I have not found any other that offers me more of what I am looking for in a 1911 and I have had excellent results with them. The Alchemy's definitely have a very solid following too, especially with the "retro" presentation. Define for yourself what particular things you are looking for, then the choice will become easier.

Reactions: mdell49

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Can't go wrong with any of those three I'm sure you'll enjoy whichever one you go with it. Here is my Agent 2 with my CQB Elite just to give you an idea of what the Wilson could look like with the Nighthawk.

·
Registered
421 Posts
YES!

the answer is yes…get all of them!

you cannot go wrong with that selection OP…me, I am a Wilson guy…

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have the Wilson Combat CQB Compact .... Awesome gun. Shoots beautiful, much better than I do.
My EDC is the Sig Sauer C3 1911. Basically the same size gun only 8 ounces lighter. Shoots better than I do.

·
Premium Member
8,166 Posts
What caliber? All on your list are excellent pistols. I’m a bit partial to Guncrafter’. Although, my high option CQBE might be one of my best looking pistols. I don’t have an Alchemy (yet) but, know someone who recently got one and loves it. Basically, it’s which do you want first?

·
Registered
13,351 Posts
Eventually will get all three ...
Nothing is around forever (Browning Hi-Power, Milt Sparks I-BAK, Raven Concealment Phantom, Alessi holsters) and some stuff gets better as it evolves over time.

If you think one of those companies will be around for a shorter time than another, buy that first, before they are gone. On the other hand, if you believe one of those models is more evolved than the other's, buy that one first, as the others will probably get better over time.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
T

That is a pretty sight to see 😍 What are the specs of your CQB?
CQB Elite .45ACP
Light-Rail Frame Upgrade
Omit Front Cocking Serrations
Frontstrap Checkering 20 LPI
Flute Chamber
Ball Endmill Cuts
Heavy Machine Chamfer on Bottom of Slide
Wide Cocking Serrations Rear
Countersunk Slide Stop
Flush Cut / Reverse Crown Barrel
French Border on Slide
Bullet Proof "Thick Flange" Barrel Bushing and Plug
Flat Wire Recoil Spring Upgrade, Full-Size
Extra Fitted and Finished Extractor
Serrate Rear of Slide
Serrate Top of Slide
Trigger Pull Weight 4.5 pounds
Solid Trigger Pad
Omit Slide Markings
Single Side Strong Safety
Laser Etch Wilson Combat Logo on Left and Right Rear of Slide
Black Armor Tuff Frame, Slide, Bushing, Trigger, Hammer, Plug
Front Sight Tritium
Mainspring Housing 25 LPI

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have a Wilson Experior, a Nighthawk Enforcer, and an ACW Prime Elite, all in .45 ACP. All are good, reliable guns. The Wilson and Nighthawk are not as tight as the ACW. The ACW is built like a tank, is utterly reliable with everything I've shot through it, accurate, and the beautiful, hand polished bluing reminds me of Colt in the old days. I love all 3, but carry the ACW to work; it's my go to war pistol.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
M
CQB Elite .45ACP
Light-Rail Frame Upgrade
Omit Front Cocking Serrations
Frontstrap Checkering 20 LPI
Flute Chamber
Ball Endmill Cuts
Heavy Machine Chamfer on Bottom of Slide
Wide Cocking Serrations Rear
Countersunk Slide Stop
Flush Cut / Reverse Crown Barrel
French Border on Slide
Bullet Proof "Thick Flange" Barrel Bushing and Plug
Flat Wire Recoil Spring Upgrade, Full-Size
Extra Fitted and Finished Extractor
Serrate Rear of Slide
Serrate Top of Slide
Trigger Pull Weight 4.5 pounds
Solid Trigger Pad
Omit Slide Markings
Single Side Strong Safety
Laser Etch Wilson Combat Logo on Left and Right Rear of Slide
Black Armor Tuff Frame, Slide, Bushing, Trigger, Hammer, Plug
Front Sight Tritium
Mainspring Housing 25 LPI
Mind sending me or uploading more photos? That’s one of the cleanest CQB’s I’ve seen and I go that route I might have to take some of your ideas ha ha ha. Guncrafter is top choice for me right now since I feel more people own Wilson’s -and want to be a little different but the CQB is still a big option for me. Might toss a coin or just get both and submit to the urge ha ha.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
M

Mind sending me or uploading more photos? That’s one of the cleanest CQB’s I’ve seen and I go that route I might have to take some of your ideas ha ha ha. Guncrafter is top choice for me right now since I feel more people own Wilson’s -and want to be a little different but the CQB is still a big option for me. Might toss a coin or just get both and submit to the urge ha ha.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.