1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about starting a build, and want to go with the best base as I can. ran across this while searching http://www.wilsoncombat.com/a_440cfs.asp

Pre-fit slide barrel/bushing grip safety and ejector installed. Anyone try one of these?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Me too. thought at least some of the 'smiths would be all over this. I definitely want my next 1911 to be high end, but I want to save on cost, and I want to build it myself with the parts I want. Think I'm gonna go with a Wilson.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you sir.

S.6.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My apologies on the "sir" I'm a grunt myself.

·
Premium Member
4,282 Posts
lol! Well, as a "grunt," you have my most profound thanks for your service; I'm a life-long civilian, and at 51 years old, "grunt" is just something I do when I bend over to pick something up off the floor. :biglaugh:

·
Registered
468 Posts
The Wilson frame the smith's are referring to was more than likely mine. It might be worth mentioning that my frame was not attained when Wilson was selling frames and slides. Mine was picked off the production line by a friend. It may be done exactly the same as the frame/slide combo's available now, it might not. I also did not use a Wilson slide on the frame (went baer) as Wilson does not make a true commander length slide. Just putting it out there.
I believe Wilson makes some of the best parts that can be had, so you cant go wrong with anything they put their name on.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lol! Well, as a "grunt," you have my most profound thanks for your service; I'm a life-long civilian, and at 51 years old, "grunt" is just something I do when I bend over to pick something up off the floor. :biglaugh:
Just doin my job, so you can do yours.

·
Registered
321 Posts
???

Pre-fit slide barrel/bushing grip safety and ejector installed.
Shadow,
I think you may be reading between the lines a little or I am completely misinterpreting you post. I believe the only things that are pre-fit on these kits are the slide to frame fit. I didn't want you to order it thinking that all you had to do is slap it together and go and be sadly disappointed.
And then, I may be totally wrong.
I don't know if that influences your decision any. Good Luck.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was under the impression that it was all fit, I understand that there is still work needing to be done other than assembly. But the hardest parts are already complete.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts