1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to refinish Wilson Combat Magazines (47D) with a black teflon or matte black finish and have them function the same way? Will the new finish impair their function in feeding or fit?

·
Registered
585 Posts
yes, it is possible. It looks really nice. If done correctly and the coating is not too thick, it might actually add to reliability.

Wilson's markets mags which are pre-finished in black oxide. I've been carrying some that were green Tefcoated and they work great.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I took my W/R mags and did them with black baking laquer on the botton half only. That way the part that sticks out of the mag pouch is blacked out and less likely to be noticed in the (theoretically possible but ain't-gonna-happen) event that someone gets a peek under the coat. It makes them easy to identify at a match when picking up after running a stage, and generally looks different and kinda catchy. I suppose I could take theoretical to the anal, "N"th degree and say that this way there's no paint going to chip off and get into the trigger track, as the paint does not go that high.

"The artist formerly known as Ciao-Kapow". I was posting here under that name about 5-6 weeks ago.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Was wondering if replacement springs and followers are available from Wilson? Anyone ever ordered them?
-Sparks

·
Registered
721 Posts
You can also go to Brownells and get either Baking Laquer, Gun-Kote, or Teflon/Moly oven cure gun finish, and do it yourself. You can even get different colors.

------------------
Mike,
Mike's Sport Shop
http://www.rcvideo.com/users/msmith

1 - 6 of 6 Posts