1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
285 Posts
Nathan , Boy your putting me on the spot here since I build both for the company and have carried both . I carry the Rafter S Avenger style myself out of personal reasons . But I also wore the Lo-Profile for years to before we developed the Avenger Rafter S style . The Lo-Pro is thinner and conceals very well and has a Thumb safety gaurd which also keeps the sweat off your peice , very nice holster . The Rafter S is straight comp/carry bred holster that also conceals well is of a time proven design carried for years by several knowledgable pistoleros . In my opinion the Wilson is comfy for carry and so is the Rafter S , but I like the Rafter S better for its style and for actual range use . In the end only you can decide my son which is right for you . Since I get to work if you buy either one I wont try to sell you one over the other I will only give you my honest advice . or you could do as I did and buy them both , after all I use four different holsters for different occasions . If you really want a comfy IWB you need to get a Wilson Covert Companion while we still make the old style , I carry for 12-16 hours at a time with ultimate comfort . They are going to a new style which in my opinion is a mistake , but I dont make the rules I just build the Holsters for the Bosses . Good Luck .

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for posting. I did end up ordering a Rafter S Holster. I knew Wilson and Rafter S were the same maker. Both look good. I think that I'm getting a heck of a deal. I think a lot of guys here use the Wilson stuff and maybe even a few Rafter leather wearers. I thought this would take off like wild fire full of info, but . . .

I ordered just what was on the website with a few additions and small changes. I kind of wish that I would have gotten a catalog first, but I don't think there was much need for me since I wanted what was on the website. Actually, I talked with Steve, I believe, on the phone for quite a while. He described just about everything to the smallest detail, when developing the order. It was great service. I told everybody I know to order one just to get the service! I can't wait to see the finished product!

I maybe looking for an IWB if/when OH gets the CCW thing passed. Pending my OWB rig that I recieve, I will probably be calling again for an IWB. I sure hope they throw a catalog in since the website doesn't seem to have the full line of gear.

If you have pictures of your two rigs with the gun in them, it would be great if you could post them.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Nathan I have pics on my hunting site that I frequent , fatbirds deer hunting place its in communities under hunting . I cant figure out how to post the pics on here as I am puter illiterate . I have pics ofd my vintage hi-power and a Test Ruger P-97 that I was evaluating for a story . Yea Steve is an O.K. kinda guy , sort of Western flavored and honest as all get out to . I wish there were more like him around . We dont offer a catalog as of yet . It helps hold down overhead so your not paying twice what we charged you for your rig. They may in the future do that . We have built the wilson line for years and are just now getting our own stuff up and running publicly , it has been word of mouth around the ranges for awhile . The internet is sure helping. Talk to ya later .

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
I'm gonna name my next child Rafter S.

Just recieved my sharkskin belt,holster and double mag pouch last night.Carried my officers model for a twelve hour shift.

Quality is awesome.Finish is perfect.The price is extremely fair.

Better call Della and get 'em now before they start charging what they're really worth.

Just call me "SATISFIED".

------------------
PISS A LIBERAL OFF

BUY A HANDGUN....

·
Registered
285 Posts
Thanks Potthawg . I wondered where all our stuff was going . I molded your Holster and rubbed your holster so let me know what you think . The great thing about those holsters is they fit great at first but then they just get better with use . I love mine . Should be a bunch of folks getting their stuff this week .

·
Registered
441 Posts
JAFO216,
A few weeks ago I called Della Schafer
at Rafter and ordered a holster for a 3" K-frame to wear on my port side as a backup piece.
It should be here soon.
I'll know more about that holster soon.

------------------
Neil
"I AM my brothers keeper"

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
JAFO216,

Let me thank you personally for the great work that you have done on my rig.

This sharkskin belt is very nice.All double stitched and lined with straight rows.

The holster that you molded and shaped fits my .45 acp officers like a glove.

The double mag pouch would work very well even upside down.

This is heavy duty expertly done workmanship.

I am in my forties and fully expect this rig to outlast me. The price that I paid ($140) for custom made sharkskin is unbelievable.

In a twelve hour shift I am in and out of my vehicle forty to fifty times.This rig is comfortable and secure.

I asked Della if she would make me another holster to fit my LAR .45 Winmag Grizzly.
Would you know if that is possible?I might as well get another for a .22 Diamondback before you folks start charging what your products are really worth.

Anyone contemplating leather purchase should immediately call Steve and Della and get them started on YOUR custom rig.You won't be sorry.Fit,finish and craftsmanship is as purty as a speckled pups butt.

------------------
PISS A LIBERAL OFF

BUY A HANDGUN....

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shhh! Fella's. . .Let's keep this our little secret until we get all we want! Just kidding. They sound like a class act. I wish Steve and the others nothing, but success.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
JAFO216,

I went to Milt Sparks' site and compared his prices with Rafter S.

His price...$315.00

Rafter S....$140.00

I'll say it again,order now while the price is a BARGAIN.

------------------
PISS A LIBERAL OFF

BUY A HANDGUN....

·
In Memoriam
683 Posts
I carry my Springfield M1911-A1 45 to work every day in a Rafter S Avenger style holster, and my spare magazine and Sure Fire 6P in one of their combination magazine/
flashlight pouches. I also have one of their holsters for my HK P7M8 that I purchased through the Association of Professional Trainers. I'd be wearing them on a Rafter S belt if I didn't already have one of Mark Waldon's excellent gunbelts.

The quality of their materials and workmanship is at least equal to my favorite old Milt Sparks gunleather, but MUCH more affordably priced. I WILL be a repeat customer.

------------------
Roger Shambaugh
Ottawa, Kansas

1 - 11 of 11 Posts