1911Forum banner

Wilson Combat Protector 300 Ham’r

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Jcindaswamp 
#1 ·
So, I recently purchased a WC Protector pistol in 300 Ham’r. Having an issue with the bolt getting stuck with a round chambered. I haven’t fired it yet, just checking out the function of the gun. Everything seems to check out, cycles fine without a round, gas tube lines up with the gas key. Chamber has been cleaned several times. The rounds seem to be a little scarred up when I do get them out, but that could be from loading the mag to cycling in the gun. An email to customer service had the response of “they’re not meant to cycle by hand, go shoot it and see if you’re still having problems.” I get that, but I’m not supposed to have to pull the charging handle back so hard or pry the bolt out to unload a chambered round. Anyone has this issue before?

#4 · (Edited)
Any pictures? We like pictures around here.
Very surprised to hear that, it's probably something minor? I was looking at the Wilson AR in .300BO a few weeks ago, but bought the Daniel Defense DDM4 Pistol in .300BO instead for the same money, it just had some features I liked better.
I love Wilsons, you can't go wrong with a Wilson?
Obligatory picture.
Daniel's in front.
Firearm Gun Trigger Assault rifle Rifle

#8 ·
I bought a fail zero bolt carrier group and put it in an AR I had. It did the same thing. I had to put the butt on the floor and stand on the charging handle with my boot heel to get it to move. I put the factory original bolt carrier in and it opened easily. Something about that upper and the fail zero that just didn't get along. Like everybody else said, take it to the range and try it out. It may work just fine, especially after it wears in a little.

#9 ·
Could the bullet have been forced into the lands and getting stuck by dropping the bolt? I've seen people pull the bullets out of the case and spill powder all over inside the guts of the gun when they forced the charging handle back or mortared it.
Troy341

#12 ·
I had what sounds like the same issue with a .300 HAM’R carbine I built with all WC parts. Does the BCG stop just short of the bolt going into battery? The problem might be the ejector.

Slip a case rim under the extractor, then try to pivot the case down onto the bolt face. If you can’t get the ejector to depress, that‘s a problem.

Wilson is sending me a new bolt.

#13 ·
So I have an update on this. I was finally able to get it to the range, not sure what to expect out of it. 5 mags, no problems whatsoever. And pretty accurate. I don’t have an optic, just WC backup iron sights. Got it dialed in at 25 yards. Solid gun, quite pleased with it.
Also took my WC Ranger, and my 1911 collection.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.