1911Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,025 Posts
Dub - very nice day with two great pistols, and very nice shooting as well. I'm good on an 8" plate to about 35 yards, but have to go to a little bigger target at 50 yds. these days for unsupported pistol shooting. My first Wilson was a 5" CQB, which still is one of my best shooters in my hands, and it was the one I shot my Distinguished Expert qual with 5 years ago. I don't know if I could shoot that today with the diminished strength in my hands, but just like you I keep at it, and have to work on the grip. You did very well with those two pistols, and thanks for sharing.

Reactions: DubfromGa

·
Super Moderator
17,025 Posts
Gun Nerd...guilty as charged. That right there is funny, as I think many of us here are gun nerds and guilty as charged!
The X-TAC treatment on top of the slide was something they started doing on the Supergrade X-TACs when they added the X-TAC grip treatment and slide cocking serrations to the Supergrades. Mine was the first XTAC Supergrade made, and has the traditional top of slide serrations, with the X-TAC rear cocking serrations and grip treatment, and several months later they came out with the X-TAC in the Supergrade lineup. Congrats on going full treatment on your X-TAC Elite. My Supergrade is in .45 ACP, but my retirement gun that I've posted about before is a comped .38 Super. I agree about how much that comped barrel adds to recovery ability for the next shot, Kudos Dub for getting the .38 Super in the configuration you did, it will be a pleasure to shoot for a very long time. The .38 Super really IS a reloader's dream.

• Love
Reactions: DubfromGa
1 - 2 of 2 Posts