1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone ever post on the Wilson Combat web site forum. I did for a week or two. Then it got to where no one else was. Too bad.

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
You may (or may not) remember "traevin". He posts there once in a while.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I post there, there's just less traffic is all.

Maybe the Wilson owners don't post because they don't want their wives to catch them, buying an expensive toy and all, while the daughter needs new braces

------------------
"ONE NATION UNDER GOD, INDIVISIBLE..."

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
Gentlemen,

There is (understandably) less traffic over there at the moment, but I tend to believe that Wilson's forum serves a slightly different purpose than this one.

This board provides an opportunity to reach a very broad cross-section of Wilson owners. Whatever you may be experiencing, or whatever you wish to know, the chances are good that someone here has the answers you are looking for. Also, since this is neutral ground, I think that folks are much more likely to give straight answers, as opposed to simply saying what they think someone else may want to hear.

On the other hand, there are going to be times when you have have a question that really needs to be answered by someone inside of Wilson Combat itself. That is where the new forum really shines -- especially when others out there may have the same question. You may have to wait for a few days to get your answer, but John and the other moderators at Wilson Combat have done a good job of keeping up with things. I'm not taking too many routine questions there yet, but I'm glad they created this venue.

Chuck

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
I have posted there when I did not want a bunch of non-Wilson yahoos giving me advice on products they don't have. Don't get me wrong, sometimes the advice is good, but I have no need for someone telling me they wouldn't have a given product on their gun. Unfortunately, there is a good bit of that sort of "advice" on this board. It is unfortunate when you have a particular brand/part question and you want advice on that particular brand/part and not on what non-owners think of it. And that goes for things other than Wilson, too. It is just the nature of the boards. When you go to a brand-specific board, advice tends to be more relevant.

Now, I would not go there if I were deciding to buy a Wilson and expect the feedback to be anything less than glowing since only Wilson owners would be expected to post there. The nice thing about this board, for situations like that, is that you CAN get feedback from non-owners and former owners of products and their information might make all the difference in the world on whether or not you decide to buy.

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
Double Naught Spy,

I find your points on this topic well-reasoned and on-point.

In a setting such as this one, there is something of an increased likelihood that you will get "misbaloneyous" information from time to time. I've occasionally wondered how many of our contributors don't even own a 1911 -- let alone a Wilson!

For most part, I think we do pretty well, and the quality of our membership shines through. Still, for those times when you need more facts than opinions, there's nothing quite like being able to take one's question about a product right to the source.

Chuck

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
I think that aside from having fun, most 1911forum people do have the intent to be helpful, even if they don't own a product. Sometimes they aqe, too. One thing not in short supply here, opinions.

I purchased my first Wilson, in large part, based on results of soliciting the opinions of those who claimed to own them and had email addresses where I could email off-board. Except for the issue of Armor-Tuff that no one seemed to mention at the time, everything told to me has been 100% accurate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts