1911Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed on the approved handgun list for California that they have a Wilson CQB but it has the suffix "CA." Is this a model that had to be changed to meet CA requirements? Does anyone know what changes were made?

Thanks, Ryan

· Registered
222 Posts
Ryan

The CA on the CQB just means that it has passed the California drop tests and is deemed not unsafe ( Don't ya just love Kali). Rest assured that the CQB in your state will be the same as mine. Hope this puts your fear to rest.

[This message has been edited by Greg Adams (edited 10-02-2001).]

· Registered
106 Posts
Titanium firing pin. Make sure you talk to Terry from http://www.pt-partners.com he gives the best deal out there on a Kalifornia CQB and I believe he has them in stock...

------------------
"ONE NATION UNDER GOD, INDIVISIBLE..."

[This message has been edited by Glock_Racer (edited 10-02-2001).]

· Super Moderator
1,495 Posts
If my memory serves me correct the only change between the Kali guns and the rest of the non-Kali Safe 1911 shooting world is a titanium firing pin and the appropriate firing pin spring for that weight of firing pin.

If you ever wonder why prices go up due to safety regulations check out how many models of each of the 1911's were destroyed during the tests and all of the cost were absorbed by the maker and naturally passed on to us, The now Kali-safe consumer. The safety regulations are getting stricter everywhere.

Liability litigation rules.

I read a post someplace where each gun company had to send three guns of each and every model of which one is destroyed in one of the tests, one kept for Kali-reference, and the third after going through a function and shooting test returned to the maker.

Kind of reminds me of a proposal to place a a warning label on bullets stating can cause injury or death if taken internally.

Please pardon my cynical nature but........

------------------
Be safe and keep the brass flying

Terry Peters
http://www.pt-partners.com

Do your research but you get what you pay for front end or back end.

[This message has been edited by PT-Partners (edited 10-03-2001).]

· Registered
222 Posts
Terry

If you think thats bad they also had to send a $1500.00 check for each gun to cover testing. And if that's not bad enough if their gun passes the tests, they also have to pay the Peoples Republic of Kali to have their guns put on the list of get this (Not Unsafe Guns). No wonder the prices are so high. I am surprised that any gun manufacturer attempts to sell product there.

I also read the other day that the powers that be in Kali are upset that most of the cheap guns they thought they would get rid of are also passing the test.

Just my .02

· Super Moderator
1,495 Posts
Greg

You know one real ironic fact about the safety law is the "throw the gun a bunch of times" test to see if it will go off shows how safe the cheap stuff is.

The cheap guns won't fire when thrown or when the trigger pulled. Don't you just love politicians. No wonder the comics have a blast. I guess if common sense was common we would all be out of a job.

------------------
Be safe and keep the brass flying

Terry Peters

http://www.pt-partners.com

Do your research but you get what you pay for front end or back end.

· Registered
106 Posts
I need to move...

------------------
"That's all we expect of man, this side the grave: his good is - knowing he is bad"

- Robert Browning -

· Registered
141 Posts
The CA version of the CQB does use a Titanium firing pin but the spring is a standard extra-power.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.